Chapter 1

"Dipper! Wake up."

Dipper Pines groggily lifted his head to see his twin sister, Mabel, pulling his arm. He checked his alarm clock.

"Mabel, its 5:00 am. What the hell do you want?" Dipper rubbed his eyes and sat up straight in his bed. He felt the cool Oregon breeze sift through his curly brown hair through the open window as he threw his legs over the side of his bed.

"Grunkle Ford told me to wake you. He said he needed help repairing the barrier thingamabob." Mabel said as she grabbed Dipper's legs and pulled him onto the ground. He let out a small chuckle as he stood up, pushing her back onto the bed in a rough, yet playful manner. "You're just lucky you're bigger than me now! Otherwise I'd-" Dipper pulled the sheets over his sisters head and walked to the bathroom, laughing.

Mabel was still a kid at heart. She didn't grow much, so she still wore a lot of the sweaters she did when she was a kid. Dipper moved up here after he turned 18 to continue the studies of the strange anomalies (and not wanting to be separated, Mabel moved with him) with his Grunkles, who even after sailing the world together, came back to their one true home, The Mystery Shack. Mabel worked as a receptionist at the Gravity Falls High School. She wanted to be a teacher, she loved working with kids after all, but college wasn't really for her, and Dipper worked part-time at Greasy's Diner to earn a little extra money for the family, but spent most of his time doing research.

Soos had closed the shack up when he realized he and Melody were having a family and moved out, presumably somewhere in Washington, they never told them for sure. They didn't want their kids growing up around the dangerous abnormalities that Gravity Falls contained.

Dipper stared at himself in the mirror, brushing his teeth. His wet hair dripping on the cold tile. He reached to grab a towel and a comb, knocking his razor off the counter and onto his foot, slicing off a bit of skin as blood started to pour out.