Chapter 3: Thy Darkness Shall Consume Thy Soul

Dark dropped the sword and walked off leaving bone's on the ground. Everyone was amazed but then scyrin came in and everyone fell silent. "Who do you think you are disgracing your high ranking officers like that? Get back here and apologize!" Dark stopped dead in his track's "And.....I suppose you want me to bow as well?" he said there was a long pause and then scyrin spoke "Yes I do now follow your orders. You are nothing more than a squire." dark stood there for a while and then walked over to scyrin and bones it almost looked like he was going to follow orders but then he side kicked them both making them fall to the ground putting his foot on bones neck and taking scyrins sheathed sword pressing it down on his chest too keep him on the ground. "I am truly sorry for being far more advanced in the field of battle my dear royal. If you wish I could fix all these problems by ending your pathetic immortal life." there was a long pause before I spoke "Ahem, I say we have a test. If dark can beat 3 royals in a knowledge exam, Physical exam, And a unique exam. Then all charges will be dropped and he will become my royal guard as I am lacking. If he loses more than 1 of the exams though. He shall be executed on the tomb of Elder." He turned to me I couldn't see anything because of the mask but then he said "Fine I'll do it" he dropped the sword and removed his foot from bone's neck. "So where do I start? Knowledge correct? Would that be knowledge about this world or also other's." he asked "This one. Follow me to the lecture hall." We walked to the hall of knowledge where 3 other royals were waiting. Exam papers were set in front of the royals and dark and the timer was started at first he looked at the paper getting situated in the leather seat he was sitting on as the other royals went to work he looked around got a pencil out and then got to work I could barely see his hand it was writing so fast he filled out an exam on every subject ever under 5 minutes. And as we graded it we found he had every question correct. Not a single mistake. Next was the physical exam. Simple really a race + a battle. And his results this time were amazing he vanished as soon as the race started only to come up behind finishing it setting a new record and beating all 3 royals at the same time flawlessly. Finally the unique exam was to start. This one was simple. "Remove any mask bandages anything hiding your face" He look at me for a long time and then removed his mask. Under it was a face with skin like snow eyes like crystal and white hair that seemed to go on forever. "He passes." I said simply as I walked over to him "I just have one more thing to do" I said as I put my hands on his head entering his inner mind going to his memory's. I saw a village a alchemist haven but this haven was in danger every week bandits raided them and then I saw a boy with raven hair running with a book he locked him self into a room and then placed the book down "I call upon the ancient right of my bloodline allow me contract with a being of power one who will wipe these bandits from existence" the boy said and the book answered him "There is such a one as you speak but his power comes at a price....are you willing to pay that price?" the book asked the boy nodded and then lights shined from the book as the boy fell in pain. Slowly changing until he became dark. "Hm.....A...version of me saved by the reality being vice....Inserted into a young boys body? I guess I'm dead by this point. How long has it been since my death vice?" The book stayed silent and then he spoke "This is the time of the 111th generation of the somas. And bandits are coming to kill you" Dark laughed with such a wicked laugh and then walked out of the room kicking down the locked door. He walked pasted some bandits crushing there throats with his hand and taking the swords the bandits released great war beast and he simply cut them down. Not only did he massacre the bandits but the whole town. He killed off 30 towns 10 citys and 3 empires before he came upon VK. And then he joined us. I backed away from him "Do you mean to kill off VK?" I asked he laughed and said "If I wanted to kill this organization I would already be done." We worked together for many years and I slowly discovered his past. He was an embodiment of the man from the old days a legend still this mans name was Darkon Ametsu Nara Annkou Soma also known as death's storm. He told me if I kept fighting with him that my soul would be consumed by darkness. I told him I didn't care and then we got a letter. From a soma no doubt. An old friend of mine Auria Soma. We were invited to the hall of reality to meet with the council of reality. We accepted.