II

Lucille Carrow

Lucille Carrow

I wake up from a killer headache. And a bucket of ice cold water in my face. I sputter and jump up and glare at my attacker. Olivia looks down at me, innocently whistling like she didn't just drop ice water over me. She wordlessly hands me a towel which I grab with a annoyed frown.

"What was that for, Ollie?"

My best friend, and roommate, Olivia May smiles innocently at me. "You were sleeping and wouldn't wake up. I seriously though you was in a coma." I scowl at her, trying to hide my own smile

"So you though giving me a shower was a good idea?" I pul my wet shirt over my head and throw it over the chair in the corner. Sits sat down on her own bed. "You overslept, Lucy. We have to be in the great hall in 5 minutes. So I woke you up and gave you a shower at the same time."

Stripping of my other clothes I give her another playful glare. "You are just fantastic." I muttered under my breath, quickly dressing myself in some dry and warm clothes. I am shivering from the cold. Could she not at least use warm water?

It's March and still quite cold outside, even in the halls it's better to be dressed in a warm clothes. There are some warmth spells to keep the great hall and classrooms warm but some of the professors believe that it's better for the students to learn in the cold, hence there are no warmth spells in the halls.

The only thing that really bothers me is that now all the flowers we have set in the hallways will die. A few weeks back many hufflepuffs sneaked out at night to decorate the halls. We noticed that many students seemed to have a gloomy mood and wanted to cheer them up. Now all that work is for nothing.

Ollie grabs my hand and drags me out of our dorm, through the already empty common room, she was right we are late, and throws open the door that ends in the kitchen.

We both pull up the end of our robes to run faster. You didn't get detention for being late at breakfast but you would miss all the best food. There is almost no better motivation.

We arrive panting, both smiling like fools. Ollie pushes the door open and we slip inside. Luckily for us the food hasn't arrived yet.

I spot some of our friends at the hufflepuff table and smile. Without waiting for Ollie who is talking to a boy from ravenclaw, they are paired for a group project, I skip towards my friends.

"Good morning." I hum, sitting down beside Georgia. She smiles at me and hands me a plate. My friends greet me cheerfully. They seem very happy this morning, or maybe they are just trying very hard not to laugh at my sleepy head.

Well all but James who is openly chuckling at me.

I grab a glass of apple juice while eating like I have no idea what they are laughing about. This is not the first time they have seen me like this. At least 3 times a week I'm a zombie at breakfast. They tried to convince me to go to bed earlier but I will not let them take away my book time.