04

The Reckoning

It's senior prank night and I'm in a classroom together with Caroline, Elena, Tyler, and Bonnie. While we are scattering rat traps on the floor the door of the classroom suddenly opens making all the traps we already prepared snap shut. As we look over we see Matt standing at the door, surprised by what's happening.

"Oh, come on! Seriously?" Caroline exclaims jumping up from her spot on the floor, "do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?" "Forgot about Senior Prank Night, huh?" Tyler asks him. "Clearly," Matt responds. "How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since freshmen year," Caroline argues back. "Yeah, Matt," Elena agrees, "if I'm doing this, you're doing this." "I'm kinda surprised any of you are doing this," Matt says.

"Caroline's making us," I tell him from beside Bonnie, making Tyler throw up his arms and Caroline starts her 'seniors speech' again.

"We're about to be seniors," she starts, "these are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't-" Elena interrupts her and continues for her, "if we don't make these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" "Go ahead, make fun," Caroline says, "I don't care."

I smile at her as Tyler starts talking. "You're all lame," he says, "and I've got 10 more classrooms to prank." Tyler leaves the classroom with the bag he brought and Elena follows him out the door. "Hey. Where are you going?" Bonnie asks her. "To superglue Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories," she answers sharing a smile with Caroline. "Wait up. I'll help," I tell her and go after her. "I love you," Caroline yells after us, and Elena and I link arms as we leave the room.

Outside the classroom, we see Tyler with three other guys. "Get the faculty toilet seats. And Dana needs bodies in the gym. Let's go," he tells the guys handing them some transparent foil as we walk by. Elena scoffs and I chuckle as we turn to walk around the corner and through the door to the next corridor.

As we turn right a man is standing in front of us and Elena gasps and stops walking. "There's my girl," he says. "Klaus," Elena breaths out and the man smirks as I gasp in shock. So this is Klaus?

Grabbing my hand, Elena turns to start running in the other direction but Klaus appears in front of us. "You are supposed to be dead," he says, "what are we gonna do about that?" He grabs her right upper arm and finally acknowledges my presents, "and who might you be?" "Leave her alone, Klaus" Elena tries to protect me, "she has nothing to do with any of this."

Klaus looks at her smirking, "that's not an answer to my question, love." He looks back down at me, "now, let me ask you again, sweetheart. Who are you?" I see his pupils dilate and I answer his question not a second later.

"My name is Annabelle Blackwood," I tell him, "but everyone calls me Anna." I blink a few times confused about why I just did that but then it hits me. He compelled me! I need to get vervain back in my system.

"Hm," he hums satisfied, and grabs me by my left upper arm starting to drag me with him alongside Elena. "Now, back to you," he looks at Elena, "you've put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now, my bet is it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing!" Klaus rants as he drags us down different corridors around several corners.

"If you're gonna kill me, just do it," Elena tells him. "Elena," I warn her but both of them just ignore me. "Not until I know I'm right," Klaus says walking around another corner, "but I do have ways of making you suffer." After having said that he leans against the doors to the gym and opens them, pushing us inside as he follows.