05

The Reckoning pt. 2

"I invited him to the party, love," Klaus argues back as Stefan wipes some of the blood away. "He's the one dancing on the table."

As both Elena and Klaus stand up the door to the gym gets pushed open once more and Rebekah storms back in. "Where is it?!" Rebekah demands agitated as she walks toward her brother and Elena furiously. "Where's my necklace?" She continues as both of them turn around to her. "What are you talking about?" "She has my necklace. Look," Rebekah holds up, what seems to be Caroline's phone, to Klaus' face and he takes it from her, looking at the picture on the display. "Well, well. More lies," Klaus says looking back up as Rebekah now stands in front of Elena demanding an answer. "Where is it?" "I don't have it anymore," Elena answers. "YOU'RE LYING!" Rebekah yells, the veins under her eyes appear and she growls while biting into Elena's neck.

Not even seconds later she is pulled away by Klaus as Stefan takes a few steps forward and I stand up from my seat on the bleachers. "Knock it off," Klaus growls at his sister loudly as she yells back, "MAKE HER TELL ME WHERE IT IS, NIK." He slowly and calmly steps away from the blond, turning around and crouching down in front of Elena. "Where is the necklace, sweetheart? Be honest." "I'm telling the truth. Katherine stole it." Klaus rests his chin on the back of his hands looking away from Elena. "Katerina." He sighs, "of course."

He stands up straight again turning slightly, "well, that's unfortunate. If we had the necklace it'd make things a whole lot easier for your witch. But, since we're doing this the hard way let's put a clock on it, shall we?" He points at the timer above one of the basketball hoops and walks towards the control panel on a desk. The timer buzzes as he starts the clock at twenty and walks back over to us. "Twenty minutes. If Bonnie hasn't found a solution by then I want you to feed again," he tells Stefan. "You know you want to," Klaus tells Stefan as he looks over at Elena. "Klaus," Elena starts, "don't do this to him." "Anna," Klaus shortly looks up to me on the bleachers, "come with me. No one else leaves. If she tries to run, fracture her spine." I get up off the bleachers without a word and follow Rebekah and Klaus out of the gym and down the corridors.

I don't like being compelled but right now I'm defenseless to it. I figure, as long as I do what they say they won't compel me.

"You go back to the wolf-boy. I'm gonna see if the witch has found a solution to our problem yet." Rebekah nods at her brother's demand and walks down a different corridor. "You're staying with me, love," he tells me and takes my arm again, dragging me along. As we get near the pool we can see Bonnie and a drenched Matt standing there, talking.

"-a message for you." - Matt

"For me?" - Bonnie

"From the witch that put the hybrid curse on Klaus. She said Elena shouldn't have survived Klaus's ritual. The hybrids can't transition because Elena's still alive." - Matt

"Tyler." -Bonnie

"He's gonna die, isn't he?" - Matt

"I wouldn't be too sure about that," Klaus interrupts them and they turn to look at him. "Anna," Bonnie whispers as she sees me. "Given the choice, doppelgänger or hybrid, I go hybrid every time," Klaus says with a serious tone.

No one else can say anything as we hear something or rather someone crashing into lockers down the hall. Klaus starts walking towards the noise and Elena runs into him. "We gotta spot meeting like this," he tells her smirking. "Come, Anna," he holds out one of his hands behind him not looking at me, waiting for me to take it. As I take his hand he grabs Elena by her upper arm again and Klaus starts walking to the cafeteria, where Stefan just flung himself through the door.