two shots of vodka-

The next few weeks went the same, recovering for about two and learning how to make sandwiches whenever Mr. Marcinni could. Eventually I felt fine, in fact, more than fine! I wasn't on the streets, I'd gained a couple of pounds, and I'd introduced Mr. Marcinni to Maria.

Every now and then I'd bring her a sandwich, and she'd she was so proud of me. It always made my day.

I started to work at the resteraunt, saving money to get me and Maria a good place to live with good food. For now though, Mr. Marcinni was so kind as to let me live in his place. I think he likes having someone around...

He seems so lonely when I walk into a room after being gone. His normally cheerful aura is replaced with a chilled emptiness. One time I walked in on him while he was drinking coffee, and he was just staring at the table, His face devoid of expression.

I feel bad for him.

Recently the resteraunt had gained popularity and now there were people during lunch. Not just the occasional passerby looking for food on a road trip, but like, real people.

Today was like any other day, people and food. I served as a cook and waitress, same with Mr. marcinni. He says even though he's my boss, he feels bad making his employees work harder than him.

He's such a gentle hearted man.

I walked up to a table, pulling a small notebook and pen out of my apron.

"Hello, how may I help you?"

I'd finally worked up the courage to speak again, but only to Mr. marcinni and Maria. With customers I had preset sentences.

'hello, how may I help you?'
'will that be all for you today?'
'what would you like for a side?'
'sorry about that, how can I fix it?'
'thank you'
'you're welcome'

You know, normal server things.

The guy I was talking to sat Alone in the corner, and he ordered a Ruben with extra mustard. When I returned to give it to him, he gave me funny looks.

Worried, I fidgeted with my apron and sped back to the kitchen.

When I walked Into the small, chilled area, Mr Marcinni raised a plate for me to take to the next customer. Out of nowhere, his face went pale and he rushed towards me, shoving his hand over my right eye.

"Who did you serve..?!"

He whispered through his teeth.

I panicked, my breathing quickening.

I went to turn to point, and he tugged my bangs over my face, holding my shoulders as I shakily gestured to the man in the corner.

I faced Mr. marcinni again, questioning his hurriedness with a quiet grunt.

He shook his head.

"Your eye..! I could see your eye!"

I gasped, instinctively covering it with my hand.

You dummy! He saw you, that's why he was looking at you funny..! >:/

When we checked on him again he was on his phone whispering into the microphone.

"Fallo. You head on upstairs, I'll take the rest of the day."

I gazed at him, concerned. He simply waved it away.

"Don't worry, I ran the shop on my own for seven years. I can manage."

I nodded, turning to go up the stairs in the corner of the kitchen.