Chapter ten : Why...

Eugene

He was thrown immediately into working on manufacturing the bullets for the saviors. He was locked in a dank, room while working. He having to work nearly twelve hours a day, slowly making the bullets. It was a struggle as they kept him chained to the floor, escape was futile.

As he slowly smelted the final part on the last bullet for the... He glanced at the wall where he had been keeping tallies..tenth day now... He sighed. He had been a prisoner now for ten days. Slaving over bullets. Getting only enough food to stay alive. Barely sleeping due to the haunting fear of Negan.. He had only seen the man one time now, but he could swear he heard his voice echoing through the halls each day.

As he was lead back to his room he thought of Abraham. Why did he just have to walk out like this? If he hadn't ...it would be alot better right now. Hell... What was Abraham doing right now... Had he even tried to come rescue him?

He grunted as the Savior shoved him into his room. He sighed heavily as he shuffled over to his terrible excuse for a bed. Lying down as he he fought back the tears. Last thing he needed was more abuse from the Saviors because he was breaking. That's what they wanted. Him to break. But he wasn't going to let that happen. He was going to fight through it,and when his month was up he would return home to Abraham.

Abraham

"Dammit.. " Abraham muttered staring through some binoculars at the saviors factory, it had been ten days now since he found the letter saying Eugene was gone. And there had been no sign of saviors coming or going from the factory.

Sitting down on a log with a huff he shook his head "Shoulda been with him.. " he mutters blaming himself right now.

He hadn't left his spot now much. Only going back to Alexandria to get more food. He remained at his spot for days watching the factory. Waiting for some opportunity but it never came. Guess they were really just using him for making bullets. But that scared him too. If the saviors had that many bullets available... The fight would go either way now for them. All Alexandria had was more bullets in case of an attack. But now... The odds had changed. 

"Just hang in there big guy.. " Abraham muttered as he looked to the factory.

Eugene

The physical and mental abuse carried on day after day. He unable to fight back as his strength was failing each day that passed.  He thinning drastically, his clothes hanging loosely off of his body.

He had lost track of how many days had passed now, or even how many bullets he had produced. His mind was just blank, nothing but sadness and pain. Pain from hunger... Pain from the beatings... Pain from missing Abraham.

As he laid awake on his bunk, his hands folded across his flattened stomach, the door swung open. Bright light blinding him as heavy boots entered the room.

"Times up Eugene Porter. You've done us a great fucking service and I... Am eternally fucking grateful for it. " Negan chuckled darkly as he stepped into the room now "Gonna show Rick fucking Grimes who's the big fucking dog now huh. " he grinned triumphantly as yanked Eugene up roughly to his feet "I'm a man of my damn word so... Im gonna let you go back to your fucking little pussy ass group now. " Negan chuckled again, half dragging Eugene from the room now "I would hope your fucking group doesn't try anything fucking bold today Eugene..because it would end very fucking badly for them. " he grinned at the thought of slaughter.

Leading Eugene out of the factory slowly,the bright sunlight blinding Eugene for several minutes. He being forced back into a truck. Blindfolded of course. He had not said a word the entire time now. He didn't have the strength to fight back against Negan now. All he wanted was to go home.

Abraham

"Huh.. "Abraham shot up, he had fallen asleep unintentionally, the sound of metal gates opening and the large humm of a truck awoke him. He squinted his eyes seeing a truck leave the factory now "Bout damned time.. " he mutters, gathering up his supplies quickly. Keeping to the treeline, about twenty feet behind the truck Abraham followed it. Determined now to get Eugene back now.

Eugene

He finally felt the truck slow to a stop after what seemed like half an hour. He was thrown from the truck now, landing on the hard pavement with a thud. A soft groan escaping his lips as the pain wracked his body now. His hands were shaking as he lifted them to remove the blindfold,  thankfully they had finally untied his hands. The sun blinding him again for a moment, he soon seeing where they had left him. He was in front of his factory... Where they had taken him from just a month ago. He looked back slowly seeing the truck speed off, Negans laughter filling the air now.

Eugene tried getting to his feet but they wouldn't hold him up now, he just crumbling to the ground in an entirely weak state.

But soon he felt strong arms around him...not willing to open his eyes as he feared it was a walker and this was his end. "I.. Im... S-sorry.  " he managed to rasp out through his dry, cracked lips. Speaking to Abraham where ever he may be.

"EUGENE! " Abraham shouted as he held Eugene in his arms now. His breath catching in his throat as he saw the state Eugene was in. So frail, his collar bone more visible than he's ever seen. His skin more pale than usual too. The bruises everywhere on his body. Dark red, bleeding circles around his wrists from the restraints. When he heard Eugene muttered those words his heart sank "Don't you fucking leave me!! " he shouted again, angry Eugene was just gonna give up, and sad that this /might/ be the end. Grunting he lifted Eugene into his arms like a doll. He felt so light in his arms, it broke his heart even more.

"Stay with me. " Abraham commanded as he took off in a run, heading back to Alexandria. Adrenaline fueling the burst of speed. His boots pounding against the pavement now.

Once the gates were within sight Abraham slowed slightly, he shouting now to the person on the wall "O-OPEN UP.... I.. I GOT EUGENE!!! DENISE!!" his voice cracked some, clutching Eugene to him tightly now. A soft groan escaping Eugene again as a small sign that he was still alive.

The gates swung open as Rick stood there looking dumbfounded for a split second. Before he ran out to him, helping hold up Eugene because it looked like Abraham was going to fall over. "Come on.. " Rick glanced at them. Helping them inside and immediately to Denises. Laying Eugene on one of the beds. Abraham collapsing into the chair nearby. Denise rushed in, stopping slightly as she saw the state Eugene was in "Oh my god.. " she said softly, before going over and examining him. Checking his vitals first then hooking him to an IV. She cleaned and dressed the wounds on his wrists next. Then removed his soiled clothing, leaving him in only his underwear as she sighed looking over all the bruises and cuts on him "Dear lord .." she mumbled sadly as she dressed them the best she could. Administering a shot of antibiotics and low dose pain killers as well. Afterwards she looked at Abraham grimly "He's severely dehydrated.. Possible infection in his wrists... The way the bruises are.. I suspect some fractured ribs..." she paused now "...I'm so sorry Abraham....just.. Let him rest now..I'm sure he'll be out a few days."

Abraham just nodded slowly, clenching his jaw and hands into fists. Not looking at Eugene or Denise. Just staring at the floor as he plotted the revenge he seeked.