Chapter 8

As each inch of the arrow's wooden shaft drove further through his shoulder, Kairo wailed out at the excruciating pain. The middle aged man released his hold on the protruding arrow and took a step back.

"It would appear that we have company." The middle aged man commented as he proceeded to take aim at the front door

Without even a second lost, a heavy growl accompanied with crackling wood could be heard. It was the werewolf! Somehow, it made its way here. Standing at the front porch firmly clawing at the door frame and staring down at the man with the crossbow.

Talk about opportunities presenting itself, this was the chance Kairo needed to get out of this horrible situation. Amidst the staring contest between the werewolf and his attacker. Kairo tightly grabbed onto the nock of the arrow in his shoulder, he repeatedly shoved his shoulder forwards till the arrowhead snapped out from the wall behind him. Suppressing the pain of his bleeding shoulder, he ran into the back of the house looking for any rooms that he may have missed as he continued his search for Roselle. He instantly noticed a set of stairs leading down.

"Bingo..." Kairo slurred with a frown as though he looked constipated, bearing with his pain

Sliding his shoulder across the wall, he hurried down the newly found stair.

"Rose! Roselle! Are you there?" the injured Kairo shouted throughout his walk down the stairs

"Help me." begged a pale and bruised Roselle

"I don't think I have the strength to remove these stakes." Kairo explained in a weak tone

"There's no need. Thank the antichrist you are here. Just give me your hand." Roselle demanded as her eyes traces off towards his wrist

Full well knowing what her intentions were, Kairo responded "Seems like our only option. Here, take all of it."

Roselle hissed as her fangs grew out and sank her teeth straight into Kairo's hand. Sucking out every ounce she could, slurping the bleed till Kairo was unconscious on the ground. Licking her lips, Roselle's complexion began to recover as did her strength. She dragged her palm out of the metal stakes and the wounds healed instantly. She sat next to Kairo, snapped off the arrowhead and pulled the arrow out of his shoulder from the other end. Then, slit her wrist and fed him a few drops of her blood.

"This should help you recover." Roselle assured Kairo as his wound began to seal itself

While this rescue was successful, the showdown upstairs was still ongoing with the werewolf having the advantage. The man was pinned down by the beast and his weapon tossed out of his hands, too far from his grasp. He was grabbing hold of the werewolf's front fangs, forcing it away from any of his flesh.

"First, you take my wife. Then, my son. If you think I'm just gonna let you take me too, think again." the man declared while fighting for his life

As those words were spoken, the werewolf's releases his hold and pounces out the way it came.

"Mercy? This will be something I'm gonna make you regret one day." the man whispered as he laid on the wooden planked floor

Just a little further down the forest, the two escapees were trying to come to terms with their new circumstances.

"How stupid can you be? That lunatic lets you go once and you chose to come back and save a stranger you just met?" 

"I'm telling you, it's not as silly as it sounds." 

"Urgh! Not only were you badly wounded, but you recklessly came to save me without a plan. What would have happened if I didn't manage to use my blood to heal you?"

"Calm down. The facts are that you did heal me and thanks to the chaos the werewolf caused, we're out of that hellhole."

"Fine. Anyways, for what it's worth. Thanks."

"You gave up much more easily than I expected, but I'll take it. Now we just got to look for supplies and worry about the werewolf."

"If you must know, there has never really been an issue with the werewolf. I am a vampire and a pure breed to boot. Stick with me and we'll be fine."

As the chatter continued on, the pair searched for necessities to prepare for nightfall. Though with the two lacking knowledge of this forest, the search was unfruitful. Racking their brains of what could be done before nightfall, Kairo recalled something.

"Edgar! He can help us! When I came back to rescue you, a random topless dude showed me the way back. I bet he knows his way around this forest." Kairo yelled out with excitement

"Sure, and how are we going to find this... Edmund guy?" Roselle responded with a tone of disbelief

"It's Edgar and I don't know." Kairo replied as he proceeded to walk back and forth whilst caressing his chin

Unbeknownst to them, lady luck was still smiling on them. As Edgar came running towards them with an abundance of fruits in his arms. Kairo called out to him, indulging Edgar of his current situation with Roselle.