Chapter 3: Hospital

Although Minho didn't really know the boy he wanted to drive with Newt to the hospital. He was relieved when one of the paramedics said he was allowed to.

In the ambulance Minho took Newt's hand in his, tried to comfort him while he was trying not to scream, when the paramedics did something on his leg to make it easier for the doctors later. They had already given Newt some pain killers but they needed time. And Minho's heart broke with every tear, which was running down Newt's cheeks.

Suddenly Newt squeezed his hand hard and screamed. Also he heard someone saying "shit." and one other asking "What did you do?" Minho tried to look what the paramedics had done but he wasn't able to stand up because of Newt. Then he heard something crack and pain ran through his hand. He hadn't thought Newt would be that strong but he didn't say anything. Newt's pain was harder than his. When some medal was completely bent and stucked out your leg and knee it was sure more painful than a broken hand. Especially when the splint was supposed to stabilize your leg.

To Minho's surprise they drove 23 Minutes to a hospital. They couldn't take the one near the school because they weren't able to fix whatever Newt had. During the drive Newt got tired from the medicaments and was barely awake now. Minho rubbed circles with his thumb in Newt's hand, who smiled at that. "You know you hadn't had to come with me." Newt said quietly and yawned. "I know that I did something to your hand. I felt the sudden movement of your bones. Does it hurt?"

Minho didn't want Newt to think that it was his fault. But he didn't want to lie to him either. "A little. But not to much. Gina's ball hurt more so don't worry about. I'm fine." Newt nodded lightly and yawned again. "These painkillers are weird. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take them with my other pills." "Don't worry Mr. Newton." The emergency doctor said and showed him a list. "We know which one you take and which one you shouldn't take in combination with the others."

Then they arrived at the hospital and Minho had to let go of Newt's hand. So he sat down in the waiting room and looked at his broken hand. Maybe he should say something. This was a hospital and Newt would be okay now. So he stood up and walked to the reception.

"Uhh sorry, I think something's wrong with my hand. Could you get a doctor?" Minho showed the woman his hand and she nodded. She pressed a button and called for Dr. Feather.

After all the stuff he had to do Minho was in the waiting room again with an plaster cast on his hand. Newt had indeed broken his hand. Two of his metacarpal bones were broken but that would heal soon. At least that was what the doctor had said.

Newt was still in the operating room. For five hours now. But something told Minho that he came out soon.
And he was right. After seven minutes the doors opened and three doctors, two nurses and an unconscious Newt on a bed came out.

Newt's leg was wrapped in bandages and he had a new splint. But the metal wasn't going in his leg at the same spots like before. It was sat a little bit lower under the usually spots.

Minho followed them to room 249. There he waited until the doctors came out again and asked for permission to enter, which he got. He thanked them and walked in. Next to Newt he grabbed a chair and sat down, taking Newt's hand in his.

It took at least 21 minutes for Newt to wake up and even then he wasn't really himself. The drugs for the pain and the effects of the anesthetic were clear to be seen. He babbled things out which didn't make sense and hadn't even noticed that Minho was in the room too.

Until Minho cleared his throat. "Minho, what the shuck are you doing here? That is my room. Get out."
"Newt, I'm here because of you. I was worried about you and wanted to see you."