Episode 1

This story takes place in an alternate Arthdal universe. It's a universe where Yangcha has no speech penalty and Tanya can still hear his thoughts. But he keeps wearing his mask and he's a quiet type. It's rare to see him speak.

---

The Daekan Warriors had received their first orders from the new king, Tagon. Tagon's first orders after becoming king were to go to Iark and bring new slaves to Arthdal. That's why they were in Iark in the intense heat.

Now they realize they know their language while they're busy catching people in their newly discovered village and killing those who try to escape.

Yangcha broke his neck with his chains without for a single moment thinking about the peasant who thought he could escape. And he didn't feel sad at all. It's been a long time since this has become an ordinary event for him. A man who can take everyone's head without a moment's thought at the behest of Tagon. He has never questioned Tagon's orders and has never expressed remorse for his brutal actions.

But today there is something different. He realizes that someone is stoning Daekan Warriors who approach her with a slingshot in her hand. He gets a little perplexed by what he sees. Besides, she is a girl! Is this really happening? Is a girl stoning us? Yangcha wants to laugh for the first time in his life. Because she's really succeeding in keeping the Daekan Warriors away from her with her Stones. When one of the Stones comes to Mugwang's head, Yangcha realizes he must intervene now.

Because Mugwang is very angry at the moment. And he holds the sword in his hand and walks over her.

"You bitch!"As Mugwang angrily tosses his sword upon her, suddenly chains are entangled in his sword and he violently retreats. This strong attract causes Mugwang to lose his balance and almost fall. This confuses Mugwang.

She's as surprised as Mugwang. She certainly didn't expect one of those fighters to protect herself. Especially after seeing him brutally kill those who tried to escape.

Mugwang survived his bewilderment and angrily shouted, "Yangcha! What's your problem? Why are you stopping me? he saying yells.

What Yangcha was thinking at the time was, "Because she's too interesting and fun to kill."

The girl looks at him in astonishment, hearing the thoughts of the masked man, whom she learns his name is Yangcha. Interesting and fun? What kind of man that like that?

Yangcha signals the Daekan Warriors to move away with only his gaze. Daekan Warriors understanding and move away from their side. They then set out to capture the other villagers.

The girl is now alone with the warrior she thinks is named Yangcha. And she takes a nervously few steps back. She sees the Masked Warrior carefully examine herself, and for the first time in her life she truly fears a man. She doesn't like being alone with his, especially with these glances he look at her. He looks at her like he's examine and calculating his prey. Tanya returns and tries to run quickly, can't take it any longer. But she just tries.

Because without taking a single step, Yangcha has closed the gap between them. He quickly closed the distance between them, realising that the girl was going to try to escape. And he grabs her by the arm without taking a step. His grip is gentle but strong. He was holding the girl really gently, as if he knew how delicate she was and didn't want to hurt her.

Yangca gently caught a prey for the first time in his life. Because he doesn't want to hurt her, and he doesn't know why.

Maybe because she's a woman? He thinks no. Yangcha remembers that he was certainly not kind to women, considering his actions in the past, and that he didn't care about their hurt. And while he's distracted, he suddenly feels a pain in his arm. She bit his arm and was trying to free herself. Yangcha is stunned by the girl's move and unwittingly releases her with the kick he feels on his knee. Even if she looks delicate, he understand she's really wild. And the girl quickly runs away with the space she finds.