Eleven

Dex and Travis say nothing as they usher me to the house. They don't need to say anything though, I can feel it. They're tense, looking around at the yard and watching me like a hawk as if they're unsure if a threat lurks around the corner or if I'm going to run.

And yet, they have said nothing of the stranger I saw in the woods. Malachi. They didn't even mention having sensed him there or questioned who I had been talking to. I wonder if he was sent here as some sort of test for me? To see how I would react to another wolf approaching me in a somewhat similar situation like Caspian had?

I quickly dismiss the thought though. There was something in Malachi's tone and face that made me think he wasn't lying and no one can be that good of an impromptu actor. Could they? 

The front door swings open roughly just before I can reach for it. Caspian stands there, his chest rising and falling with quick breaths as if he had been running. His wild eyes land on mine and I see the relief sweep through him as he takes in my shocked form. 

"My Luna," he breathes, his arms reaching for me, pulling me to him in a vice-like grip. I squeak a little as I hit his firm chest, not expecting him to be hugging me so tightly. I can see his parents standing behind him, looking nearly as releaved as Caspian as he buries his head in my hair.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

His eyes roam all over me inspecting me for any type of injury as his hands hold me in place by my shoulders. Seemingly satisfied and relieved with not finding any harm to me, his eyes meet mine as he whispers, "Don't scare me like that again, Mia,"

He pulls me back to him, his lips pressing against the top of my head as one of his hands stroke down my back. 

"I'm sorry," I say even though I don't think I have anything to apologize for. Well it's true that I didn't mean to cause him to worry. I mean he, himself, told me that I wasn't really in danger here. Only that I was breakable compared to these wolves. But even these strange woods seem like the ones from home and no wolf would go against the Alpha family. Would they? 

My mind flashes to Malachi telling me that I am, in fact, in danger here. Not to mention, the shock that covered his face when I told him that I was the Luna of the Lotus pack. It's a nagging suspicion tickling in the back of my mind telling me to be very careful where I go from here. 

"We will discuss this more later. The Luna will be with me," Caspian speaks over my head to my guards behind me as his hand moves down my arm, cupping my hand in his, "You can go grab some food from the kitchen," I don't need to look to see that they bowed and walked away.

I just hope that I didn't get them in trouble. Yes, they are annoying and make me feel uncomfortable, they have done nothing to hurt me. And it wasn't exactly there fault that Malachi pulled me into the woods. I wanted space and I didn't put up much of a fight not to go. 

"I can stay with you?" I ask dumbly, following behind him as he leads me towards the hallway with the portraits, towards his office. 

"Wait," I say before he can pull me further. My eyes scan the portraits, dropping to look at the gold plaque below the photo.

 "Alexander Irons," I read outloud before looking up at the somber faced man "Who is this?" 

"Alexander is my great-great grandfather. First Alpha of the Irons family," Caspian moves to stand beside me, a proud smile on his face.  I can't hide the surprise that crosses my face as I turn to look at him. 

I don't know why I assumed that his family has been the Alpha family for generations. Dating back further that King Henry the eighth's. But great-great grandfather is only a difference of four generations.