ten

"Harry Styles," Louis said, walking up to the bench Harry was sitting on. The same bench he had been sitting on last Friday.

"Louis," Harry said, smiling up at Louis, which was now standing directly in front of him.

"Hi." Louis tried to keep a stern, serious face-he didn't know why but he felt like he needed to-but failed after a few seconds of seeing Harry's smiling face. A smile broke out on his own face, and he held his hand out for Harry to take.

Once Harry took his hand, Louis tried to pull him up so they could walk somewhere around the park together, but Harry had other ideas and pulled Louis down to sit next to him. That failed, too, though and Louis just ended up falling on top of Harry. Both boys blushed, and Louis quickly sat up, getting off of Harry.

"Hi," Harry said, grinning at Louis.

Again, Louis blushed, mumbling a "Hi," in return.

"So, Louis..." Harry trailed off.

"Louis Tomlinson," Louis groaned.

"Louis Tomlinson." For some reason, Harry liked the way it sounded coming out of his mouth. He assumed Louis didn't, though, based on the fact that he groaned yet again.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked.

"Just... can you just call me... it's just Louis," he said, not wanting to elaborate.

"I- yeah. Sure. Whatever you want," Harry said. He didn't know why it bothered Louis, but it obviously did and he didn't want to upset him.

"So, you figured out my secret identity, huh?" Harry joked.

"Was it a secret?" Louis asked.

"It wasn't out in the open."

"Why not?"

"What was your first reaction when you knew I was the Harry Styles?" Harry asked, his tone getting all sarcastic.

"I dunno," Louis mumbled. He did know, though, he just didn't want to offend Harry by saying it.

"Bad boy?" Harry guessed.

"Huh?"

"It was, wasn't it? It's okay. I know that's how most people think of me. It's not true. At least, I don't think it is. I don't know. Maybe it is."

"I was confused," Louis tried to explain. "That was my immediate reaction. Because I've heard of you, obviously. You're Harry Styles, the school bad boy. Of course I know who you are. But I've never seen you around school. When I met you here, it didn't occur to me. I mean sure you have tattoos and you skate or whatever, but you don't seem like a bad person. You helped calm me down when I was having a panic attack. From what I can tell, you're caring and gentle. Not rough. So, yeah, I was confused," Louis mumbled the last part. He didn't like talking that much at all, much less at one time, to a person he barely knew.

"I'd like to think I'm not rough," Harry laughed, even though it wasn't really funny. "Usually the things people say just... aren't true. They like to think they know me even though I've never had a conversation with any of them."

"Who's they?"

"The general population of our school," Harry said, rolling his eyes. "I mean, you've heard the rumors. There's no way you haven't."

"I'm sure I've heard the rumors, but I couldn't tell you what any of them were. They're stupid and passing. And the only time I actually paid attention to you was today. No offense."

"None taken. I'd appreciate it if more people didn't pay attention to me." Again, Harry laughed, even though he really didn't feel like it. "Why'd you pay attention today, though?"