Chapter 6

Chris and Eve stood inside Chris's house next to the front door, making out like teenagers. Chris had his hands on either side of Eve's face and she had her hands on his hips. Chris's tongue grazing against hers lit a fire in Eve that she didn't know how to extinguish, especially with Chris leaving tomorrow morning. He continued to kiss her with a sense of urgency, like Eve was the air that Chris needed to breathe.

Chris had left for tour, then come back for a couple of days in between tours, but getting to see each other didn't make being apart any easier.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," Chris mumbles against Eve's lips.

Eve wraps her arms around Chris's tattooed neck and kisses him even harder, wanting to savor every moment with him that she could, running her fingers through his hair and sucking on his bottom lip. They come apart and Eve rests her head on Chris's chest.

"Be safe," She says.

Chris nods and kisses the top of her head, "Of course."

Eve takes a step back to look up at him, "So, with me coming to this show at the end of November...do your friends know about us? That we're...together?"

Chris hisses, "Well, considering that we haven't really talked about telling people, and that I've spent every day this week either with you or with my family, they do not know yet. But I will tell them, and I'll let you know how it goes. I mean, they like you enough as it is because of your letters, especially Vinny, so I'm sure it'll go over okay."

"And I take it you didn't tell your family when you saw them either."

"Well, I figured it's probably a little too soon. We don't really know what this...is yet. Plus, they've heard some stories from me about your dad and his protests; me making out with his daughter is gonna confuse some people for a minute."

Eve nods, "Yeah, I don't blame you at all. I was just asking."

"So that you don't have to feel bad about not telling your dad about us?"

"Should I feel bad?"

"No, not at all. He'd make your life a living hell. I don't blame you at all. You have every right to tell or not tell whoever you want."

Eve looks down at her shoes and nods, "Thank you."

Chris kisses Eve's forehead, then Eve looks up and they kiss once more briefly before coming apart. Eve blinks a few times, her eyes getting watery.

"You okay?" Chris asks.

Eve was actually very much struggling with the fact that Chris was leaving again. With him gone, she had no safe place to go when Paul was being too much, apart from maybe the school library. With Chris though, she felt safe and loved and warm, and she felt a pain in her chest at the idea of that being gone, even if it was only for a few weeks.

Eve forces her tears away and nods, "Yeah," She says, "I'm just gonna miss you."

Chris nods, "I'll call you whenever I can," He says, "I'll see you soon."

Eve nods in return, "I'll see you soon."

They kiss once more for a few more seconds, then they say their final 'goodbyes' and Eve forces herself to walk out the door.

x

"So, how can we prepare for the inevitable protest that's gonna be held at our show on the 30th?" Justin asks the next morning as the bus departs.

Chris's face turns red and he scratches the back of his head, "Um, yeah, so, about that..."

"This should be good," Ryan says.