Chapter 2

Nicole's Pov
"Hi sweetie." A soft voice says as I open my eyes and see my mom "hi mama." I said weakly "is this heaven?" I ask as I look around "Yes baby, but you're not staying for long, you have people that need you, I'm sorry your father did this it's all my fault, keep living your dream, my Gracie. "Mama what do you mean?" I ask her confused "You'll find out soon Gracie." she says as she starts to fade away "mama no." I cry out before I slip back to reality
I wake up alone in the room I thought I would die in. "Police!" I hear a man yell as he enters the house, I feel like i've been drugged Im so weak I can't move, my body feels like it's been beat for hours, my eyes are so heavy it's so hard to hold my eyes open, I can't believe I made it.

I hear the door get broke in as light shine in, the first glimpse of sunlight I've seen in days. I see two figures run in they shine their light into the corner and I see Daniel sitting against the wall dead. "you're safe now." The female police officer said wrapping me in a blanket and carrying me out of the house. "Oh thank God." I hear Luca say as they're putting me in the ambulance before my body gives up trying to be okay and I pass out.

I wake up in the hospital with beeps all around me and bright lights, my head is pounding and I'm feel like shit but hey I'm alive right? I raise up and see Luca Nick and Mom in the room with me "Hi Baby" I say watching Nick jump up and come over to me "Hi princess." he says hugging me very gently. "I thought i lost you." he says holding on to me "It takes more than that to get me baby." I tell him playing with his hair. "Hi mama." I say looking up seeing her about to cry "I'm just happy your alive." she says with the biggest smile on her face. "Luca." I say calling her over "Is everyone else ok?" i ask her very worried "everyone made it out fine, Thanks to you." she says with a big smile. "now you need to worry about yourself." she tells me as the doctor walks in.

"All her tests check out so whenever you're ready to go, a nurse will be in shortly to take out the IV." he says looking at his clipboard. "I will also be sending you home with some pain mediation." he says before walking out.

"Mom?" I ask as the nurse is unhooking the IV "yes baby?" she says looking worried "Is everyone else at the house?" I ask her "Yes, Prince went ahead and took them home." "well yall are ready to go." the nurse says before helping me up "Thank you." I tell her as nick holds me up as we walk down the hall to the car.

Nick's Pov

I remember when I first saw you, your brown curly hair and dark brown eyes I fell in love, I'm sorry I cause you all that pain I vowed that day in your living room I would never hurt you again but now I let another man hurt you and I'm sorry I wish I could have protected you from this pain, but from this day on I will never take you for granted, I now know that everyday that God gives me with you is a blessing and I don't want to miss a single one, I want you to know that there isn't a thing or a person in this world that means more to me than you do. your voice is like a song every time I hear it, your eyes are the most beautiful thing to me I never want to lose you Nicole. I thought I had and I was out of time to do this, I know this is bad timing and not how you dreamed but since God gave me a second chance I'm not going to wait a second more. Nicole Grace Cook-Nelson, Will you do me the honor and marry me? "
I'm ready to do this I'm ready to make her my wife. This has opened my eyes so much. I never want to lose her again." I sit there thinking as I watch her sleep. I need to plan this out but first i need help.

I walk down stairs into the living room seeing the girls cuddled on the couch asleep, going into the kitchen seeing Alicia and Prince cleaning up. "hey guys, I uh I need to talk to you." I said making them turn around "is everything ok?" Prince asks me with a raised eyebrow "Yeah I just need some help with something." I tell them passing the note I just wrote. "just read it you'll see." I tell them as they look at it confused. Alicia opens the note and reads it as Prince looks over her shoulder, I see tears well up in her eyes as she refolds the note. "alright what you wanna do for her? Prince asks me "I just want to make it special for her, and I want to go somewhere she loves to do it."  I tell them sitting down at the island "Her favorite place is New York right?" Alicia asks me "Yeah I'm just trying to figure out the details." I tell them rubbing my hands together "I got you, you worry about her." Alicia tells me putting her hand on mine. "Trust me we got you, I'll get it together." Prince says a little jealous "Ok Mr. prideful." I tell him with a smile "I'm not prideful." he says a little hurt "Mhhhh." Alicia says turning back to wash the dishes  making me laugh.

I go back up stairs to see Nicole walking into her bathroom. 'hey baby." I tell her walking in "Hi, baby." she tells me as she takes off her clothes to take a shower. I scan her body up and down seeing bruises and cuts all over her body. "Princess." I say walking up to her running my hands over the bruises "I'm sorry." I tell her with tears in my eyes "I couldn't save you." I say looking at her "Its ok baby, it doesn't hurt as bad as it looks. she tells me looking down "Princess, you're on pain meds and you have the pain tolerance of a horse that doesn't make me feel better, here take a bath instead of a shower, soak your body it will help." I tell her running her water putting bath salts, a bath bomb and bubbles into the water, as she sat on the side of the tub. 

I help her get into the tub. "Baby I'm not helpless." she tells me kinda fed up of me "I know babe but i want to make you feel better and if this helps then I'm doing it." I tell her as I sit on the side watching her trying to wash her hair "hey baby?" "yes love?" I ask turning to her "can you help me it hurts?" she asks me with a smile "Yes I can but you're not helpless." I tell her getting up smiling "shut up and help me watch my nasty body." she tells me throwing water at me. "Ok nasty if your nasty I'm absolutely disgusting, I have done anything but look for you the entirety of the time you where gone I'm surprised you hugged me because I stink." I say laughing throwing water back at her. " well bathe with me then baby", she says pulling on my arm. "Prince would stab me." I say giving her a side eye prince would be proud of . "He trusts you and you know better,  just lock the door if you're  worried", she says giving me the same look back and laughing. I strip and slide in the tub behind her just breathing her in. I wrap my arms around her gently grabbing the rag and running it over her body. She starts to melts into me it still astounds me that she chose me to be this vulnerable with. I grab a cup from the side of the tub and start washing her hair "I love you Nick." She says with her eyes closed looking peaceful. "I love you too baby girl. I say rinsing her hair. I give the rag and she washes her self down below and I grab another rag to wash me. "It's my turn to wash you now baby" she says grabbing it from my hands and grabs my body wash. "You need to be pampered to baby, you and Rachel were the main reason I held on i love everyone else with all my heart but you two are my future and I just don't want you to ever believe any of it was your fault i mean I know you  couldn't run with a fucked up foot but somehow I heard you screaming and running behind us for about  ten minutes you fought I see it in your face how careful you are with me it's not your fault." She says washing my body ending with my hair looking at me straight in the eyes. "I love you so much baby girl you and Rachel are the reason I breath and I almost lost that and I couldn't save you I know it's not my fault but..." I say my voice cracking. She grabs me and holds me tighter than I've ever been held in my life. We get out of the bath and get dressed. We are met by Rachel coming up stair to come get us to see if we wanted to watch tangled with the family. We head down stairs and when we walk in prince says "thank you Jesus stanky boy ain't stanky no mo." Laughing and ruffling my hair. We settle in and all of us are out by the first song of the movie.