The girl that never sleeps

- All of these sleepless nights -

My heart is heavy. My mind is racing. It never seems to stop going.
It's dark outside. That's when I feel everything the most.
When I'm not distracted by everyone else. Not distracted by the world. Nothing else to do but be alone with my thoughts, my pains, my memories, and the things I tend to keep inside.

Sometimes it confuses me. I don't even know what exactly confuses me. Some days I'll be the happiest girl in the world. Other days I feel a darkness eating at me yelling at me to give in. To stop feeling good.
To stop being myself. To stop showing so much of me to the world.
It's like it's yelling at me to sabotage my happiness.

Every time I feel really good.. the clock starts ticking. The voice in the back of my head tells me I'll fall back down again. I try to push it away. But I get tired of fighting it. I think I'll always try to fight it..
Funny how I'm so tired but I can never sleep.
Every night sleeping is a struggle.  Every single night. I wonder if all ever be able to peacefully sleep at night.

Everyone says I shine bright but that's not what the dark bags under my eyes say.
Every night I feel this pressure on my chest. I can't get it off and my shoulders start to ache.
My headaches come in to tag along with the ache my body feels.
My mind won't stop the thoughts won't stop
Worries worries worries
I feel so exhausted so tired but my brain refuses to let me sleep.
I'll be alright. It's only for the darkest nights.