Chapter VI: "Dance with Me?"

"I'm in love with your aunts." I smiled as I ran my fingers over the books in Ambrose's room. "And I'm pretty sure I was fan girl-ing the whole time I spoke to your uncle."

"It seems that you like my family more than you like me, Atkinson." Ambrose said, as he leaned against the wall across from me. I could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"That's because I do, Spellman." I responded, turning around and smirking at him.

"You are certainly a piece of work."

"You act like you have any room to talk." I said, laughing lightly. I watched as Ambrose started a record.

"Dance with me?" He asked, extending his hand, causing me to suppress a laugh. "I'm not kidding."

I rolled my eyes and took his hand. One of his hands stayed in mine and the other went to my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"I didn't know you could dance." I said, looking over Ambrose's shoulder.

"My aunts made me take dance lessons when I was younger." He responded.

"You took dance lessons?" I asked finally looking at him, a look of surprise on my face.

"For five years."

  "So, you're intelligent, talented, very, very attractive, and you can dance. What else are you hiding, Ambrose Spellman?"

  "You think I'm attractive?"

  "Is that really all you got from that sentence?"

  "No, but it was my favorite." He smirked, causing me to roll my eyes.

  "And there really are a few tricks I'm hiding." Ambrose leaned down and whispered in my ear. I could feel his lips on my ear and his breath on my neck. Heat rose up to my cheeks and I pushed him away slightly with a scoff.

  "In your dreams, Spellman."

  "Yes, actually."

"Are you going to give me back my sketchbook?" I asked after a moment's silence.

"If you can come get it." Ambrose said, swiping the book off a table next to him, holding it over his head slightly.

"Stop that's not fair." I whined. "We agreed that if I could last longer than ten minutes here, you would give me your copy of my sketch book."

"I never said it would be easy."

"Just give it to me."

  "Begging, now, are we Love?"

  "Ambrose." I whined, dragging out his name a bit.

"You're going to have to do a lot more than just whine my name to get the book back."

I sighed and thought for a moment. What could I do to get the book back? Then it hit me. A smirk spread across my face. I walked over to him, stopping right in front of him.

I grabbed the collar of his jacket, pulling him down to my height before placing my lips on his. He dropped the book almost immediately and his hands went to my waist. I slowly removed my hands from the grip I had on his collar and I moved them to around his shoulders, playing with the hair at the nape of his neck lightly. I smiled once I realized my plan had worked and my sketch book was waiting right there behind me.

I pulled back away from him, my hands not removing themselves from around Ambrose, his lips redder than before.

"Is everything alright?" Ambrose asked me.

"Yeah, I just didn't think you would drop the book that fast." I responded, holding back a laugh as I removed my hands from around Ambrose and grabbed the book off the floor. "But don't worry, Ambrose, we can do a lot more kissing, when you take me on a real date sometime next week. Now are you going to show me out? We have to leave for the academy tomorrow and if I don't get at least eight hours of sleep, I will not be functioning tomorrow."

  "Just a few more minutes?" He asked.

  "Ambrose, I'm serious."

  "Fine."

He opened the door and let me out first. I waited just outside the door for him and watched as he closed the door. He took his hand in mine and led me down the long hallway.

  "I'm not your girlfriend, Ambrose." I said, feeling the need to remind.

  "Not yet." He responded and I looked up at him. I expected him to look at me, but he didn't. He just kept looking straight ahead, giving my hand a slight squeeze.