Shaggy Adopts Scooby

It was around noon in Vale and a family was moving into their new log cabin home in the woods. The only make child of the family, Norville 'Shaggy' Rose-Rogers, or most commonly just called Shaggy, was sitting on the porch eating a chocolate bar and watching the moving companies move packages from the truck and into the house.

"Watch out, kid. Comin' through." One of the movers said

Out of respect and not wanting to really make anyone mad, Shaggy moved out of the way so the moving agents could get the stuff into the new home.

Shaggy takes a deep breath and sighs. That's when his father,  Taiyang Xiao Long stepped out and looked over.

"You're gonna love it her Shaggy I promise." Tai said in a caring way

"Yeah. I'm sure you'll make new friends in no time." Summer Rose, Shaggy's mother, added as she carried a small box inside the new home

However, he was never that lucky with making friends. He couldn't even sit under a tree to eat alone when at school. One day, out of pure boredom and lonlness, he was playing checkers, by himself but he kept getting himself into a stalemate and one of Shaggy's two sisters, Yang to be specific, pointed the fact Shaggy was seeming more and more lonely.

"Yang's right.....he does seem extremely lonely." Summer comments, looking through the kitchen door at Shaggy

"I have an idea." Tai comments in response

Later, Tai,  Summer, Shaggy and Yang were heading to a puppy adoption fair in the family's car, which at the time, was an SUV. A five-seater to be specific. Shaggy looked out the window by the seat he was in and sighed.

The SUV then parked and one by one, the family got out and Summer said to Shaggy, "Ok, Shaggy, you pick the one you like."

Shaggy walked up to the pen of puppies and looked at the selection. There was a puppy doberman, a puppy German Shepard, a puppy sheep dog, and a lonely puppy Great Dane. Shaggy walked over to the Great Dane puppy who was laying down in the corner of the pen.

"Hey." Shaggy said quietly, but getting the puppy's attention and sliding some chips into the pen. "You want some?"

The puppy sniffs the chips and then eats them as Shaggy says, "So, everybody asides from your family hates you too, huh?"

"RI wouldn't say everybody." the puppy spoke, surprising Shaggy. "RMore please."

"Did you just say 'More please'?" Shaggy asked, wanting to confirm if he heard the puppy right

"RUmm....more...pretty please???" The puppy responds, pretty much answering Shaggy's question

"Comin' right up!" Shaggy responds as he pulls out a few chips ad tosses them for the puppy to eat. "Mom, dad, I want this guy."

Tai and Summer walk over as the puppy hops out of the pen and runs around in Shaggy's arms, then rolls around on the ground with the chip bag on his head, eventually getting it off of his head and licked the crumbs off of his face.

"You sure, buddy?" Tai asked

"Yep." Shaggy answers as the puppy tilts his head. "Look at him, he's perfect!"

Shaggy walks over and picks up the puppy as Summer said, "Okay well, welcome to the family."

"My name's Norville. But most people just call me Shaggy," Shaggy said to the puppy. "What's yours?"

Tthe puppy simply shrugs.

"Like, it's okay. Well figure that out." Shaggy states as he rubs the puppy's head. "You'll be coming with me."

A/N: Sorry if this chapter was short. This is just one of....three origin chapters for this story. The main plot won't kick off unil around....Chapter 5 of the story