Twin Date Preparation

Linh's Pov

I can't believe that I am going on a date with Fitz!! I know that I'm probably a horrible person for doing that to Sophie... maybe I should talk to her about it first. I walk to her room and lightly knock on her door.

"Come in?" Sophie whimpers from the other side of the door.

I open the door and see an awful looking Sophie. I rush to her side and pull her in a tight hug.

"Sophie! Are you ok?" I panic. "What happened?"

She buries her head in my shoulder, "I just feel so bad for hurting Fitz."

I pull away a bit to look at her, "I actually came here to talk to you about him..."

"Right sorry," she wipes her tears away and sits up. "What's up?"

"I wanted to apologize, I shouldn't have kissed him. I know that it hurt you, I feel like an awful friend. And even worse he asked me out, I just wanted to ask you if you would mind if I went out with him?" I blurt.

Sophie looks at me, I can tell a million thoughts are going through her head, "Linh. It honestly is completely fine! I get it, he came onto you. He clearly likes you better, I can tell that you like him a lot so go for it!"

I strangle her in a hug, "Thank you so much! So how's it going with you and Keefe?"

"Good, we are taking it slow though. I mean I just got my memory back, then the whole thing with Fitz hating me, and then just everything that is still happening with Everblaze."

"I understand that! So, I was wondering if you and B would like to help me pick out an outfit for later today?"

Sophie looks at me weirdly, "You want me to help you pick out an outfit for a date? Do you see what I normally wear?"

"Well, you can help me get my courage up to actually show up," I giggle.

"Deal! Let's go get Biana!" Sophie laughs.

Tam's Pov

After Wylie helped me get out of my funk we spend the rest of the morning training and working on ways to work with both light and dark. I don't understand what is happening to me, whenever Wylie smiles at me I get this weird feeling. WHY DO FEELINGS HAVE TO BE SO CONFUSING?! Plus, after we were training he asked me to have dinner with him. Why would he want to have dinner with me?! What is happening?! Does he have the same weird confusing feelings that I'm having? Or is he just pitying me because of my breakdown? Maybe he just felt obligated to hang out with me, giving everyone is having a swell time with all their lovey-dovey crap. I mean there is Sophie and Ke-*gag* Kee-*gag* I can't even say his name. Sophie and him, Linh and Fitz *internally glares*, Marella and Biana have been hanging out a lot, but they are just besties. Maybe I should talk to like Sophie or Biana about this. I mean I had to suffer through Biana's ranting about Dex. I miss him, I could have gone to him about this. I make up my mind and head over to Biana's.

"Biana?" I ask from the other side of the door. "Can I come in? I need to talk to you about something."

"Sure what's up?" Biana calls from within her room.

I step in and close the door behind me, "Well I just need some advice on something that I'm really confused about."

She nods encouraging me to continue.

I take a deep breath, "I don't know what's happening to me. Whenever I am around Wylie I get this really weird feeling, I get all nervous. Whenever he smiles my hands get clammy and my breath catches. Then today I sorta had this weird breakdown thing and he was right there next to me comforting me, saying that he cares about me more than I know! Then we were training and he asked me to have dinner with him. Does he just feel sorry for me? Why would he invite me to dinner? Why do I feel like this?"

"Wow, Tam... I think you might have a crush on Wylie," Biana breathes.

"B-but he's not a girl!"

"That's ok! Sophie was telling me about humans that like each other of the same gender. They are called in your case gay, but then you can also be bisexual when you like both boys and girls, and there are many others. It's called the LGBTQ+ community. Humans aren't very accepting about it, there aren't many elves like that but I know a few of my parent's friends are like that," Biana explains to me.

A feeling of relief rushes over me, "I like Wylie. I'm gay. That's sorta weird to say. I'm normally not the touchy-feely type."

"And about tonight, trust me it will all go smoothly. If he is a bit flirty he probably likes you, but if he just seems like a friend then that's ok too. I'm here for you no matter what. We all are," she assures.

"Thanks, B-"

She cuts me off by pulling me into a strangling hug. To my surprise, I feel my arms wrap around her to pulling her into me.

"Know we need to find an outfit for your date! Maybe Keefe can help with hair!" she exclaims.

I step away slowly, "Oh no. No, no, no, no. That is not  happening."

"Oh yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes! Come on, please! It's your first date! It needs to be special. I'll get Linh to find out where you are going. They are pretty good friends," Biana starts mumbling to herself.

I groan. Well, I guess I'm going to be bedazzled by the girls tonight. I quietly exit her room and sprint back to mine. Maybe if I lock myself in my room until tonight I'll be able to escape the horror of a makeover. And the thought of Keefe touching my hair just horrifies me!

New chapter! Sorry I haven't updated a lot! I've been working on another fanfic with @Magiski3 we are writing a Sokeefe fanfic called Meant to Be! Stay healthy!

-Lacy