7

তততততততততততততততততততততততত

Year 16
(part 1)

"Wait...how do I start it again?" You furrow your brow as you look between the pedals under your feet. "Jimin?" When there's no answer you look up at the rear view mirror, "Jimin?"

"Sadiaaa~" he sings from the backseat, "what do you think about this car?"

Sadia glances at the giggly blonde boy beside her before examining the leather interior of the Mercedes. "Um...it's nice."

"Yup, my dad got it for me." Jimin boasts, sighing in satisfaction before resting his hands behind his head. "I can drive it too. Wanna see me license?" He dips his small hands into his back pocket for his wallet to flip it open and display his cheesy grin, "cool, huh?"

Sadia scans the photo of Jimin's smolder and smiles politely. "Um...yeah super cool. Aren't you supposed to be teaching Y/N?"

Jimin meets your flat expression in the rear view mirror and chuckles nervously. "Oh, right. Hey Y/N. What's up?"

You groan before going to rub your temples with your fingers. Jimin slithers in between the two seats to plop himself beside you. Leaning into him, you whisper, "what the hell? You said you'd teach me as long as I brought Sadia along."

Jimin shushes you, quickly glancing behind him to see if the golden-haired girl heard anything. He sighs in relief and pain when she pays you two no mind as she stares out of the window in boredom. "I thought she'd be a little more...enthusiastic about hanging with us."

At that, you stifle a snort and shake your head. "Yeah, this isn't hanging out. You're supposed to be teaching me how to drive so I can pass my test and get my permit soon. It's getting too dangerous for Grandma to drive."

Jimin slowly nods, "fine, fine. But you gotta help me with her. I don't know what to do."

"Deal." You settle back into your seat, sighing when you realize you're back to square one. "So how do I start it again?"

"Press on the break and shift the gear to drive."

"Right," you nod slowly, staring down at the gear with random letters scrambled around. As you scan the foreign piece of the vehicle, you catch Jimin whirl around and attempt to initiate another giggly conversation with the girl in the backseat. Exhaling shakily, you squeeze your eyes shut and shift the gear blindly, praying that it will land on drive. The engine roars and you smile, taking it as a cue to press on the accelerator.

The smile doesn't last long when you realize you're zooming in reverse through the empty parking lot at full speed.

"Y/N!!!!!" Jimin shrieks, clinging to the seat like a koala for dear life, "the break! The break! Press the break!"