Chapter 17: Chicky Nuggies

One hundred body bags, at the very least, were dumped out of one garbage truck. What looked like a garbage truck anyway. There were many trucks along with the one so the amount of bodies that was possibly there was not a nice thought.

The bodies joined hundreds of others next to huge piles of trash in miles of stripped land. A garbage dump brought you by Glomgold Industries. The area was smoggy and the garbage truck pulling away (the side reading Glomgold Bodies and Fun next to a picture of an anime Glomgold giving a thumbs up) didn't help.

Gyro unzipped his bag when he believed the garbage trucks had moved far enough away. The smell hit him immediately and he tried to wave it away; like that would be any help. He coughed, climbing to the top of the mound of body bags he was under to look around. "Gloria? Anyone?"

Mark was already at the base of the mound, outside of his body bag. He was just sitting on the ground, tweeting away with the last of his battery life. "Yo yo yoooooooo! Down here, nerd!"

"Goddamnit." Gyro wanted to find anyone else but him, even Ellie, the robot who threatened to slice his neck open. He slid down the pile, which was uncomfortably high, to meet up with the self-absorbed billionaire. "Have you seen or heard anyone else?"

"Who?" Mark didn't look up from his phone, lowkey ignoring him.

"You know, Gloria, or your family?" The fact this man had a girlfriend and child was horrifying.

"Oooooooohhhhh yeahhhhhh THOSE guys! Nope, haven't seen them."

Gyro skimmed his face with his hands, wiping some of the sweat away. "Could you perhaps help look?"

"Look for what?"

"GLORIA AND YOUR FAMILY!"

Mark finally pried his eyes away from his phone to look around. "They aren't here?"

"I don't know where they are so I need your help to find them!"

"Uuuuuuughhhhhhhhh! Fiiiiiiiinnneeeee! God I have to do everything myself here!" He put his phone away and started heading back up the body mound.

Gyro followed him. "I await the day Gloria lets me kill you if she doesn't do it herself first or Ellie breaks up with you OR hopefully both. You are unbelievable!"

This only boosted Mark's ego more for some reason. He gave his signature "Pew pew pew!" speech and gesture before going back to ignoring him again.

Scrunching his face, Gyro decided to turn his attention elsewhere before Mark joined the dead bodies again. "Gloria?! Gloriaaaaa?!" He put his hands around his mouth, awaiting a call back.

"I FOUND HER!" Mark yelled from a few yards away. Gyro jumped up, desperately running over to Mark which he would hopefully only have to do once in his life.

"Where is she?!"

Mark pointed to an already opened body bag, the zipper seemed to have broken some time prior. "There."

Walking closer, Gyro studied the black and blue beat up, and also half decayed body. He shivered. "Mark, you do realize that's not Gloria, right?" He hoped to Duck Jesus Mark wasn't that stupid because then they would be here forever.

Mark looked down at the corpse again before laughing. "Oh yeah my bad!" He pointed to the open body bag. "She's too pretty to be Gloria!" His awful attempt at a joke made him laugh harder.

The laugh echoed through the dump but quickly turned to an echoing scream when Gyro pushed him off the body mountain. He wiped his hands, watching Mark fall to his possible death. He rolled and rolled like a loose tire and it was funny as hell. Gyro didn't bother to watch the whole thing as he continued his desperate search for Gloria.