--5

She hadn't questioned herself as to why she made the decision of visiting the bar she frequented before rushing to the Yokohama Police Station in order to organize miscommunication, but was certain that she had done so for the sake of seeing Chūya in case there came a time that she would no longer have the chance. Leaving him anticipating for her arrival would be contemptuously audacious.

Upon entering the bar's precinct, she caught his form already leaning against the counter, enjoying without her a glass of whiskey. Beside him sat another beverage untouched, as if it had been awaiting her presence.

"Is this for me?" She questioned, a small grin forming on her features as she situated herself beside him.

Chūya raised his brows in surprise at suddenly paying attention to her person. Then, he gave her a smile. "I figured you'd come any moment. I suppose I'm right."

She chuckled lightly. Spending the night in everlasting conversations with the executive gave her momentary peace amidst the pandemonium given by her line of work. And as she did so, she came to realize everything of his subliminal beauty, and he got to add more reasons to justify his undying love and admiration for her.

Unfortunately, it wasn't adequate to take her mind off the disarray from her last phone call. There were many validations to prove that she wasn't the culprit, but a CCTV footage was potent evidence to evade all of them. Was choosing to return to the police department a bad choice to make? She couldn't ascertain anymore; her head was preoccupied with the circumstances of failing to prove herself innocent.

Officials were most likely instigating a search for her - at this point, the bar was the only place she deemed safe.

"Drinks get warm, you know?"

Chūya's voice was the tranquility she found within the storm of her situation. Her eyes got lost with his, allowing herself comfort in the glint of his lovely hues. There was an emotion displayed that she couldn't quite comprehend, nonetheless it didn't give her reason to break visual contact.

But she had heard him, and so she averted to her glass, downing it until only half of the drink remained. As she placed it down, she came to realize that he had been staring at her intently all the while.

"I'm always here if you need someone to talk to," he said, a hand of his own gradually holding her thigh to make her face him completely, "you just look so out of it tonight."

"I..."

It was until then when she came to notice the weight of the burden she had been carrying without even emotional dependency from someone else, because he was right there, offering a support he knew she needed at the moment.

"I-I..." to her dismay, she couldn't quite maintain her bottled emotions; she felt herself on the verge of tears, "I don't know what to do..."

He stayed silent in response, though his eyes narrowed in concern.

"Everything... everything seems to go against me," she continued, "i-it doesn't... it doesn't make sense, not at all..."

At the instance of failing to halt her breaking into a fit of tears, Chūya pulled her towards himself, encasing her form in a foreign embrace, with her head resting immediately against his shoulder. The action took her by utter surprise, as she never had gotten herself accustomed to affectionate contact, nonetheless she found great relief being within the warmth of someone she came to adore.

"It's alright, everything will be. And in time, it will make sense. You just have to be patient."

"You don't understand, Chūya." She cried. Her arms raised to wrap around his person in a gauche attempt to imitate a hug, and pulled him closer at the thought of never being able to see him after this. "T-this doesn't require my patience."

She felt the way he raked a hand through her hair in familiar attachment. Though she never explained the reason behind her uncharacteristic behavior, he spoke as if she did. "But you wish you had the time, didn't you?"

There was the weakest form of derision in the tone of his dulcet voice - to which she had missed, or had chosen to ignore due to her currently frail state of consciousness. At that instant, she allowed herself to drown in both the smell of his cologne and the warmth of his extrinsic touch.

Or was she truthfully permitting herself to? It happened to be difficult to bring her own body back up, though Chūya wasn't holding her down with excessive force. Her arms had gone feeble due to something unperceived, and so they fell, promptly landing on each of his sides. Her head felt exceedingly heavy, and her face was blossoming red in increasing temperature.

The executive raised his hand, tracing his fingers oh-so delicately on the rear of her jaw, before lifting her chin for a complete look on her face. There dropped a slate shade of shadow on his eyes upon seeing her - in his twisted perspective - provocative expression.

"(Y/n)..." he whispered, voice strained and dripped with undeniable ardor. His thumb gyred on the surface of her cheek, "how ravishing... are you tempting me, sweetheart?"

At this point, it became quite apparent she had lost grip on reality. She remained silent for a little while, staring back at him with eyes as blank as an untouched canvas. "It's hot... I feel so hot here, p-please take me out."

He released a baritone chuckle. "I did say that a while back, didn't I?"

He quickly placed the bill composing both of their drinks. Chūya looked certainly comely at the present moment, and though she comprehended not a single word he had said, she didn't do anything against his action of standing up, swiftly carrying her with his arm under her knees and sauntering out of the bar, leaving behind her unfinished beverage that he had drugged before the start of the whole ordeal.