Abohaty's P.O.V

Flashback

I woke up to hearing loud noises and glass breaking. I immediately got out of bed and dragged my teddy bear with me to my parent's room which was down the other end of the hall. As I was getting closer to their bedroom, I heard my mother's scream which was cut off in an instant when I heard a loud crash. I picked up my walking pace and got nervous as I saw dead guards lying on the floor in their blood as I approached closer to the room. It was dark so thankfully I didn't see much. But my eyes were not prepared for what they were gonna see next. I entered the doorway of my parent's room and saw them lying on the floor motionless. My mother's crown was gone and so was the attacker. I ran over to them and fell onto the floor, My teddy bear fell along with me in their cold blood. Around me were dead guards in the room. The pony who attacked must've been pretty powerful. My parents were sleeping or had just woken up the moment before they were killed.

I heard hoof steps approaching in the hallway. It was already too late. Everypony was already dead and the other half of the guards came late. Six guards were crowded up in the doorway, shocked at what they were seeing. One of them slowly walked over to me.

"Princess...are you okay?" he asked calmly. But I didn't say anything. I just sat there and watched my mother and father lie in their cold blood.

*      *      *

I just don't understand how this pony could easily just come and kill my parents and all of those other guards with ease. The murderer had to be very strong. All I know was that her name was Queen Amirah. We haven't had any enemies for a while. I'm supposing it's much easier to murder the royals here since the other royals in Equestria are way more powerful, stronger, and not easy to get to. Ponies rarely know us here since it's just such a small town.

It took me a long time to get over that trauma years ago. I had to move to Canterlot right afterward to keep me protected if anything else happened. As I was in Canterlot, the high commission, guards, and Nom Nom all had a meeting together to improve security and defense for the most part. I was only eight years old, I couldn't take over the kingdom just yet. I was my mother's only filly at the time. This was the only traumatic experience I've ever come across in my entire life. At some point in my life, I decided that I was gonna somehow forget about everything. And to do that, I had to be happy, kind, and nice, because that was what always helped me. That's how I got my cutie mark. A paperclip in between two small flowers. But it wasn't just a paper clip. This paper clip had a big smiley flower at the top of it to represent my passion for happiness.

After a few years, I finally went back home when I was fifteen. I am currently seventeen at the moment. Next year, I'll be a fully grown mare. I'm kinda nervous about it though because I'm scared that I'll...change.

My mother was pretty nice. She wasn't as strict but she kinda was if that makes sense. Now I have Nom Nom, who is the cutest thing alive but is a living hell. Nom Nom was always strict, but never this strict. I guess she changed this way because of what happened to my parents. She was devastated.

Nom Nom is every princess and queen's guidance. She normally just helps with teaching new spells, but this time, Nom Nom is now in charge of teaching everything that my mother was supposed to teach to me. But she's dead and can't do that. And the worst part? Nom Nom seems to have no interest in me whatsoever. I don't know if it's because she's just too busy to create some bond with me. After all, her job is to teach me everything now or she just straight up hates me because I'm a little different from the past princesses and queens. I'm not supposed to be rebellious and nice or act like a kid. Everypony thinks it's because my parents died and they weren't able to teach me to be mature. But no, that's not it at all. I'd probably still act the same way if they were here. I don't like this whole becoming and princess and transforming into some queen. It sounds ridiculously stupid and boring. I just wanna be a normal pony like everypony else. I'm not trying to sound ungrateful on anything, I just wish all the pressure wasn't on me to be this perfect pony and rule a kingdom.

I hugged my pillow tightly. I was laying in my bed until I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in..." I groaned. Nom Nom entered.

"Princess, I know it's pretty early but I wanna get this practice with spells over with so I can leave you alone for the rest of the day."

"Nah, I don't feel like it." Nom Nom facepalmed herself.

"That wasn't a question."

*     *      *

"STORM SHOWER!!" I yelled blasting a huge gray cloud above Nom Nom's head with my horn. She instantly made it disappear with the power of the teal gem on her paw.

"You can do better than that-" she struck magic towards my way.

"WINDY WINDSHIELD!!" I hollered making Nom Nom's spell blow right back at her like a boomerang. Of course, she disappeared in time. "Not fair!" I yelled. Nom Nom rolled her eyes as she reappeared.

"Too bad your weakness is showing." I gasped.

"BLOSSOM TRAP!!" A ton of flowers circled the flying cat and tangled around each other trapping Nom Nom inside. I smiled. "Haha!! I did i-

And before I knew it the flowers and vines exploded leaving the flying cat in the airbrushing her paws off.

"Weak," she stated again. I frowned as she came forward to meet my eye level. Look, princess. This is bad. Really bad. You're not even close to being as strong as me. For your age, that's concerning. I'm gonna keep repeating myself until this gets into your head. "You are soon to be queen. Act like it. I'm only calling you weak to push you further. Because you're a little difficult to work with."

I was shocked by the cat's harsh words. That isn't even how you correctly train somepony. I get that she got put on a lot of pressure by being the only one left to teach me things I need to know, but that isn't an excuse to treat me like this! I'm actually trying.

"How are you gonna come at me for being weak by losing to you, but fail tremendously when saving my parents from Queen Amirah? You didn't even try! Why? Because you were gone!!" I yelled. Nom Nom was taken aback.

"Gone? Abohaty you don't even know the full story-"

"Then tell me!!" I yelled. "Tell me the full story!! I've been dying to hear this part!! The only thing I know is that Queen Amirah broke in somehow, killed half of the freaking guards, including my parents, and stole the crown. But what doesn't make sense to me, is that the high commission was gone, you were gone, and no one was aware that our enemy broke in. And you were in my parent's room!! Did you just...leave?!"

"Oh my goodness Abohaty!! The high commission passed out the floor below your parent's room because of this gas that was being spread around-"

"And you're calling me weak? I'm concerned that you can get rid of them that quickly." I said folding my hooves. "Or are they just as weak as me?"

"Abohaty!! Queen Amirah grew stronger with new powers. We weren't prepared and we thought she was dead!! And me? Where did I go? I left!! I had no choice. If I didn't, I would've been killed. And I am very important to the royals, therefore, I had to protect myself because I didn't know if the high commission was dead or alive at that point! And luckily Queen Amirah was only looking for the crown so the high commission was left alive!!" she shouted. "Any more questions your highness?!" Nom Nom seemed furious up to this point so I just stopped talking and looked away. This may just be the first time I've ever fought with Nom Nom. Sure, I've gotten furious at her a few times, but I never actually spoke my mind. "That's what I thought." She teleported to the spell book and closed it. We made slight eye contact when she looked back. Then she disappeared.

I guess the lesson was over.

Maybe it was just me being the selfish one. I keep saying think about how I'd feel in this situation, but what about Nom Nom? She was very close to my parents too. And what she just told me made a lot of sense. She couldn't risk staying because if Nom Nom had died along with my parents that night, ponies here wouldn't know what to do with me or how to prepare without anyone's help but the high commission. But then again, they could've died too. But I still wish she would think about me. My parents died, so I'm rushed and forced to learn new powers on a daily, and already, I'm being put under so much pressure. It just feels like they're pressurizing me more than teaching me what I need to know.