First Date

I can't believe I'm right here right now. Okay, Hannah, you can do this. Your pride is at stake–well, it went down the drains anyway.

"Boss, someone wants to see you. She seems beautiful~" I heard someone say as soon as I enter and looked around.

"May I sit down?" I said as I stood in front of him. He smirked and gestured to let me sit. He then gave me a cup of coffee.

I sat down and went straight to the point but he spoke first, "So, why is a fancy and sexy lady doing at a shady place? Don't tell me you'll bribe us to kill someone because we're not that kind of people." which made me scoff.

I laughed and looked at him with a serious face, "No sir." and it confused him which can be seen on his face. His facial expression can be easily read.

"Then you really want a loan?" He asked once again as he leaned back on his chair.

I shook my head making him more confused. Seriously, if he killed someone, they would know that he's the culprit.

"Seriously lady, just get along with it. Don't tell me we have done something wrong and you'll report it to the police," He said as he crosses his arms.

He can't just let me speak first, can he?

"Date me," I said with a straight face. You could see his shocked face and I glanced at his friend and saw him sigh but then he smiled.

"Eh? Eh?!!! You can't be serious. Why would I do that?" He yelled out as he stood up out of shock.

"Accept the deal boss. We're low on money right now since not everyone comes to our place," he said as he approaches him but stepped back when his boss glared at him.

"Money? That's what you want right?" I said with a smile as I showed him an envelope filled with Pesos. (Philippine money to be exact.)

"I have a girlfriend and despite my status, I am one loyal man," he said and his friend burst out laughing.

"Oh don't lie. I checked everything before coming here. You think I'll approach someone randomly without doing my research?" I replied to him as I slide the money towards him.

"But why me of all people? It could be him," he pointed to his friend which made him laugh.

"You dated a  lot of people but want to have your own time?" I said making him surprised but he nodded.

"See? A playboy would be better for you to play as your boyfriend," he added but I shook my head. Does he even hear himself? It has to be you.

"Don't you remember? You bumped into me while you were being chased and why do you think those people stopped?" I told him making sure he remembered.

Again with his surprised face. By this point, I should be using it since I'll probably see it every day.

"Oh, do you remember now? So, do you accept? But before that, why are those people chasing you in the first place when you should be the ones chasing them?" I asked curiously since it's their job to do so.

"Money. And I don't want to think about it," he replied as he looked away.

"I would love if your friend was the one but I asked YOU didn't I? He probably could help you with this dating stuff. You can, right?" I said as I looked at his friend and he smiled at me.

"Call me Carl. And I think we will be best friends!" He exclaimed which made me laugh.

"But why are you doing this? I need to know the whole details so I can accept your favor," he said then drank his coffee in one shot.