3. Nice To See You

Chapter 3 - Nice To See You

~ chillin' with you, spending some time. girl, there is nothing better ~

Johnny's POV

I couldn't stop squirming in my seat. Sitting still was out of the question at this point. I just wanted to see Kenzie.

After 5 years.

Which was 5 years too long.

Her unblocking me, and then refollowing me came as a big surprise, to be honest. I made the mistake of liking a post from like 4 years ago, and I already knew that she had seen it. She just knew things like that. That just made me even more nervous to see her again. Who stalks their ex, just before seeing them again, after 5 whole years?

Being cast in a movie together was actually really amazing. All I've wanted to do for the past few years was see her. She's obviously changed. That's one of the things heartbreak does to you. But I know already that not all of it was bad change.

When I was "stalking" her page, I noticed that she looked very different. Not in a bad way, though. She looked really good, if I'm being honest. It made me miss her even more. She had died her hair blonde, not the natural brown it was back then, but it still looked amazing. She had grown up, and I saw a womanly side to her; not the young, teenage Kenzie. But, if you ask me, it suited her. She looked even better than she did back then.

And I here I was thinking that wasn't even possible.

It really gave me sight of what I lost. Who I lost. Kenzie was an amazing person. Probably still is. And although I don't expect her to come running to me like nothing had changed, I did hope we could still be as close as we used to be. I missed her. I missed us.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, which threw me out of my thoughts.

"John, she's here," my sister, Lauren, spoke softly.

I knew she was nervous too. That was her best friend, once upon a time. Of course, they grew apart once we broke up. She lost her closest friend because of me. I'd never forget how much Lauren had sacrificed for my sake.

I redirected my eyes to the outside of the hotel, where a cab had pulled up. I felt like it went in slow motion when she stepped out, feet first, revealing her Vans sneakers, and then finally the rest of her petite body.