7. J

Chapter 7 - J

Chapter 7 - J

~ I miss the times when we would spend hours thinking of cute nicknames for each other ~

Johnny's POV

I don't know what Kenzie saw in him. I'm not saying I was so much better, but at least I didn't body shame her. Who body shames their own girlfriend? And especially Kenzie. Kenzie, she was beautiful. Absolutely perfect. And anyone who thought she was anything less than stunning, was completely blind.

And it's not even just looks. Her personality is like something out of a fairytale. The way she cared about everyone and everything, no matter what. That was one of the reasons I fell so hard for her. Her endless ability to love.

I remember, before we started officially dating all those years ago, I watched a video of her. It was of her talking about fundraising for a charity, to help kids less fortunate than us. She had gone to hospitals to sing to them, and read them books. She had brought them each a little present, with her own money. It was beautiful.

If anyone thought any less of her, they were sick.

Lauren and I went to our room after dinner, and I immediately fell onto the bed.

"Jesus Christ, I'm exhausted," I sighed.

She laughed, closing the door behind her. "Tell me about it. Quite a day that was."

"Definitely. I had way too much to eat, too. If I ate one more thing, I'm pretty sure I'd throw up," I chuckled.

She came and sat next to me, and I straightened up, looking at her. "How are you feeling?" I already knew she was talking about Kenzie, and her asshole of a boyfriend.

"I mean, I don't-" I couldn't finish my sentence, because I was interrupted. "What's that?"

I looked to the wall. There was screaming coming from the other side. Full on shouting, and it scared me a little. One sounded angry, and the other sounded afraid. I could even hear crying at one point.

I exchanged a look with Lauren, and she seemed just as confused.

I couldn't make out exactly what they were saying, but I heard a "What the fuck were you thinking?" and a quiet "I'm sorry".