Epilogue: Life Goes On

September, 1985

The morning peace that had settled over Friar Park was disturbed, as always, by Josie and Thea's loud bickering, not that Connie and George were going to interrupt them. They'd both given up trying to understand their daughters' relationship a long time ago.

"Have you thought maybe since we live in a big fuck-off estate that the girls should have their own rooms?" Connie muttered to him quietly over the breakfast table, not looking up from the newspaper.

"It's character building, I had to share a bedroom with my brothers," George pointed out simply, though grimaced when he heard the slamming door sound from upstairs, setting down the book he'd been reading; Connie's newly released book. "Though you might have a point, even if they have their own rooms just for the sake of the doorframes,"

"I still think we should lock them in one of the garden sheds and let them fight it out until they get bored," Connie shrugged. "D'you wanna have a bet on what they're arguing about this time?"

"Last time it was that Thea broke Jo's guitar strings without telling her, I reckon Jo's done something back in revenge, maybe she's shredded her script of something," he thought aloud, before laughing, rubbing his hand across his forehead. "Can you remember when we were young and for fun we'd go to the pub rather than place bets on our daughters?"

"Going to the pub with you was never fun when we were in Liverpool, you were always scared you'd get kicked out for being underage, plus we were both that poor we'd have to share pints," she reminded him before tossing the newspaper aside, flashing her husband a sarcastic grin. "I told you though didn't I? The combination of the two of us would result in nightmare kids,"

That wasn't necessarily true. Connie and George both loved how wild their kids could be, even if they were a headache at times. Josie still looked a lot like George as she had done when she was little, but she'd inherited her mother's nose as well as her temperament. Fiery and strong-willed, she was insanely smart, going through school with flying colours, not that she intended on using any of her grades. Instead of becoming a doctor or a lawyer like George had secretly wanted her to be, she wanted to become a musician, or 'go into the family business' as she sarcastically called it. As much as George hated the thought of his daughter having to go through the pressures of the industry as well as the inevitable attention from the press, he had to admit she was an amazing guitarist and singer, and she definitely had the charisma to capture audience's hearts. Regardless of her wanting to make music, both of her parents were immensely proud of her.

The same could be said for their second child. Formally named Louise Theodora after George's mum and Connie's mum's middle name, Thea was just like her parents too, but in a more subtle way. Nearly two years younger than Josie, she physically resembled Connie a lot more than her sister did, but she was quieter, more reserved. She was just as smart though, and if the moment called for it she could forget all about her quiet nature and be able to silence a whole room with a witty comment. Thea didn't share Josie's ambition to be a rock star, she instead wanted to be a west end performer, a dream that was Connie's fault for taking her to the theatre too much as a child. Her ambition reminded Connie just how much she had wanted to be a writer back when she was a teenager, so whatever she could do to help her daughter's dream come true, she'd do it.

Then there was Dhani, their youngest who'd only just turned ten. He was George's double both physically and mentally, much calmer than either of his mad sisters though just as funny. He followed George around like his shadow, and George loved taking him in the studio and teaching him the guitar. Though George and Connie adored all three of their kids, him being the youngest and the only boy made him so special, plus he was much easier since he didn't slam doors or scream in the early hours like his sisters did.