02

You remember me as your eyes widened seeing me again

      Well, I just got into SOPA High School Orchestra. As I am new, I was positioned in the second violins and sat on the third from the last chair, only far from you but it's fine. What matters is I am finally doing something new.

      First, it was eerie as I joined such for the first time. Second, I don't use to perform in front of a crowd, though I don't know why I'm a bunch of a wallflower. Third, I can't believe I am doing this for you─for the flicker of hope to get close to you. On second thought, I'm also doing it for my dad as he wants me to get out of my comfort zone. When I told him about it, he seems to be the happiest man in the world. He changed.

      Even though he did not show when mother died six years ago, I know he is the one who is suffering the most. He loves her, and he still does.

      I blame him for losing her in the first three years and closing my world down, trapped behind the four walls of my room, but he's changing and, I suppose, he's still my father. He worked tirelessly to replace the terrible memories with happy ones. After all, hearts forgive and second chances do not make things worse. I cannot afford to lose him too.

      I can't seem to take my eyes off you. Your eyebrow creased together as your studying the scores. A warm feeling emerged in my stomach, realizing how unreachable you are. How far you came through and no single hope left for me. I wanted to somehow vanish at all.

      In front of about twenty-four students, Mr. Lee, the music teacher, presented myself and two new members. SOPA Orchestra is that huge. It's no surprise that the room has countless accolades.

      You frowned when our eyes met. You have no clue, Jeon.

      However, after a long discussion, little chambers, and practicing a piano concerto (just me watching), it was over. A long day indeed. I went immediately to my locker to pack my things up and go home when your unexpected presence appeared.

      "So it's you again." Your tone of speech conveys a sense of pride. Your brow furrowed.

      Okay, that's hot! I spotted a mole under your lower lip as well. The same mark as mine in the same spot.

      "Never thought you play the violin, so yesterday wasn't nothing at all?"

      "I guess, I only saw you that day so I suppose the teacher wasn't there."

      Ah, it's me again? We've seen each other for like only 2 days, I thought to myself. It was a little odd the first time we had a casual conversation.

      You rubbed the back of your neck. "So that exactly sums up everything and now I understand why you love my kind of music."

      "Our kind of music." I corrected.

      "You're new, right? I'm Jungkook by the way." You stated, offering a handshake. "And you are?"

      I accepted. "I'm Roseanne."

      "Roseanne, that's a cute name." You said, grinning. I feel like I'm going to pass out any moment. "Are you a freshman?"

      "Yes."

      "Oh, same."

      I shifted my weight from my left to my right foot. I reminded myself not to get my hopes up. As expected, you were involved in high society and surrounded by well-known people. It doesn't matter what you think of me during such moments.

      Until you walk all over me.