10

To make room for the commencement of the Christmas holiday break, the school year has been temporarily stopped

        To make room for the commencement of the Christmas holiday break, the school year has been temporarily stopped. My feelings toward the season are up in the air. It always brings you to mind. It is the best and most challenging aspect at the same time.

      I felt a surge as the cool air pricked at my flesh. Only four days remain till Christmas, and the city is already ablaze with flashing lights of all colors. Snow is evidently present everywhere.

        People are making plans for their vacation destinations, attire, presents they hope to receive, and holiday activities. For me, though, the season is the same as it is on other days. Nothing unusual occurred.

      "Rosie, are you excited for Christmas?" Lisa asked, her fingers encircling my right arm. I shrugged as she glared. She laughed at her understatement, "You are the most boring person I've ever met."

       At the café two blocks from the college where Lisa and I typically stop to warm up, I was shocked to see you waiting for me. I shouted, "Jungkook!" I rapidly started moving toward your direction as soon as you turned to face me. You broke out into a broad grin on your lovely face.

       Lisa yelled something in my back when she was startled, asking, "Hey, what's wrong?" before she also noticed you. As we hugged and kissed one other on the temples, you opened up your arms and raised me slightly. I recovered my breath and said, "Hi," since it was all I could manage. When I felt comfortable, I asked, "What are you doing here?"

      "Hi," you greeted back. "Do you have to ask me that? Of course, I'm always gonna be here... for you. I need to see you."

       "You're meant to be resting, right?" Your grin faded, and I wished I could take back the words. "I'm OK, Chae," you promised, scrunching your nose, and a smile spread over your face once again. "You said we can still build memories, right? I have an idea in mind, and I also need to tell you something," I added with a little smile, and confidence in my words gave you hope.

         A female interrupted me with a touch on my shoulder, panting heavily from trailing along, and with her killer gaze.

      "You just had me sprint over the icy ground," Lisa reprimanded, her eyes shifting from me to you. "Hello Jeon, we were scheduled to see you today; I just found out about your illness; please accept my heartfelt concern." You stared at me. "Well, she.. umm, can be t-trusted," I moaned. Lisa nodded and added, "Sorry if I make you uncomfortable."

        "I'm doing wonderful and I just got discharged. Thank you Lisa for looking after Rosie while I'm gone. I'm sorry for what she caused you; it's my responsibility." I gave Jungkook a serious stare and nervously chuckled.

      "It's fine. We're like sisters, Jeon, and it's a good thing you're here or we'd be lost right now." I nudge her, but she just rolled her eyes and continued, "she doesn't know where you live or what hospital you're admitted to, and we failed to find Min-hyuk today. Imagine if..." she trailed off, hands thrown in the air, and sighed. She then looked at her wristwatch. "Anyway, I feel like I'm disturbing, so I'll leave; take care, you two."