we could make a religion out of this (fantasy/royalty au 2)

prompt of chapter:
Wilbur, Phil, and Hannah all disagree with Techno's plan to meet Dream. He goes anyways because fuck them, and gets dög back--as well as a lil letter

tw: swearing/a pretty big argument towards the beginning

-

"You what?"

Techno frowned. "Listen, I know it sounds kinda dumb, but I...I just want my dog back."

Wilbur ran his fingers through his hair and sighed, leaning against the bedframe. "That's just not a good idea, man. It could be a trap." He, Techno, and Phil were sat in the room the king's army shared, discussing what had happened only hours before. The prince seemed to be the only one on board with the idea, whilst the knights were not.

"You could get killed, and then we'll get killed for letting you go," Phil added in. He was right, Techno had to admit--his father would definitely question the two if his son had gotten injured or killed. After all, they (plus Hannah) were the boy's best friends, and he told them about everything.

Techno opened his mouth to protest, but was stopped by the sound of the door being yanked open. Hannah stormed into the room, slamming the door behind her. "Techno, I told you that you can't go," she said, completely serious despite her usual silly manner. "I let you accept that offer not knowing who that guy was, and now that I do, I know just how terrible of an idea it is." She threw her helmet onto her bed, the rest of her armour clanking as she did so. The prince let out a frustrated sigh, understanding why his friends wouldn't want him to go but shocked that they wouldn't let him. "But it's to get Floof back!" he argued.

"Floof isn't as important as your fucking life, Techno," Wilbur snapped in reply, Phil and Hannah both nodding in agreement. "What if he's lying? What if he doesn't have Floof? What if he wants to fucking kill you?"

"If he wanted to kill me, he would have already."

"Hannah was with you! She was in armour, and she had weapons. He wasn't going to take on two armed people alone."

"I made a deal, Wilbur. I'm going."

"No, you're not."

They were almost shouting now, the other two in the room not knowing what to do or say.

"Yes, I am."

"You're not going into that fucking forest, Techno. I'm not letting you."

"You can't do shit to stop me! What are you gonna do, tell my dad?"

"You're not going!"

"Yes I am! You can't control me!"

"You are not leaving this castle, and I'm locking the stables to make sure of it!"

The prince was silent for a few moments, before standing and whispering a harsh 'fine'. He wheeled around and exited the room. Tommy, a knight in training, was standing in front of the door, seemingly petrified after hearing yelling through the door. Techno brushed passed him and made his way down the long, carpeted hall, his boots making small and almost inaudible thuds with each step.

When he got to his room, he threw himself onto his bed and stared at the ceiling. He was definitely going to meet Dream that night--he wanted his dog back, and he was going to take every risk necessary to do so. If his own life was endangered in the process, so be it. However, Wilbur said he was going to lock the stables...so how was he going to get out?

--

Techno rushed out at the crack of dawn. It was too early for anyone to be awake--even the royal guard, who worked almost all day long. He pushed open the castle's large back doors as quietly as possible, slipping outside before letting the door fall back into place.