SEVEN

𝐕𝐈 - 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒

     Allison was angry. If she was honest with herself, angry wasn't a strong enough word. But currently, there was nothing she could do about it. Caroline had managed to escape, after she ran outside and when Damon tried to chased after her, he got trapped as the sun began to burn him. With his ring missing, the couple had to wait until it was dark to leave, so they could find someone for Damon to feed off of. He needed to get his strength, and Allison knew being outside would do her some good. As Damon fed from a stoner group they'd found in the cemetery, the Webber girl sat on a stone bench, trying small and peaceful spells to make sure her magic was no longer being effected by the witch hazel. 

   Shoving his phone back into his pocket, Damon muttered bitterly as he poured bourbon over the bodies surrounding him. "Sunshine!"

   Allison pushed to her feet, walking over with a knowing look. She narrowed her eyes on the two closest bodies, dumped carelessly on top of one another by the crypt. "Incendia." And flames instantly covered the two.

   "He's getting my ring." He told her, his arms slipping around her waist from behind. "But while he takes his sweet time about it, we'll have to go back before the sun comes up." His lips pressed to her temple multiple times, concern flickering through his eyes as she leaned back against his chest. "Are you okay?"

   "Yeah." She mumbled, letting out a sigh. "No." She then admitted, rolling her eyes. "I should have known better than to take that drink from him."

   "Hey." Damon said firmly, turning her in his arms so their eyes locked. "None of this is your fault. He pulled one over on both of us." He cupped her face gently. "But we got out of it, and we know better now."

   Allison let out a small sigh as she nodded. "You're right."

   "Of course I am." He gave a grin. "When am I ever wrong?"

   "Oh, honey." Allison leaned up and pecked his lips, patting his cheek as she pulled away. "You don't want that list."

   Damon's expression morphed into a playful glare, succeeding in placing a grin on the Webber girls face. At the sight of the smile that he loved so much, Damon gently cupped her face in his hands, pulling her into a deeper kiss. Even in the moments that felt entirely bleak, just being with one another was enough to make everything feel that little bit better. After a long moment, the couple pulled away from one another, their foreheads resting together as they caught their breath.