The Royal Hedgehogs

The characters' middle names in the "eyecatch cards" are my own ideas, not official names.

Eggman laughed in victory as he successfully infiltrated Prison Island once more.
"He did it! He's back on Prison Island!" Decoe, one of Eggman's old henchbots, cried.
"Dr. Eggman rules!" Bocoe, Decoe's counterpart, added.
"All right!" Cubot, Eggman's dim-witted henchbot, cheered.
"The boss' plan is certainly doing well this time," Orbot, Cubot's more intelligent and snarky counterpart, remarked. The henchbots high-fived their counterparts.
Eggman, sitting in his Eggmobile, hovered idly with his hands clasped behind his head, waiting for his 'minions'.
"I wonder if I'm pushing my luck, breaking into the place a third time," he wondered aloud, speaking to no one in particular.
"Perhaps. The security on the island has been upgraded since your last visit," Decoe informed. "You must be careful. When they restore communications, they will send robots to stop your team."
"Their robotic designs are greatly improved," Bocoe added. "With their new defenses, it will be almost impossible to enter that compound again."
"Well, nothing is going to stop me from breaking in and taking those Chaos Emeralds," Eggman declared. "I need to obtain all seven Emeralds in order to complete my plans."
"Are you sure it's worth the risk, Boss?" Orbot asked. Eggman laughed, grinning maniacally.
'Once I get my machine working, I'll be unstoppable!' he thought to himself. Shadow and Rouge finally arrived.
"Okay, Eggy," Rouge said. "Fill 'im in."
"According to Rouge, the Chaos Emeralds are stored in a vault inside the compound. I must have them," Eggman informed the ebony hedgehog.
"No prob. Just leave it to me," Rouge said in a false sweet tone.
"I wouldn't trust her, Boss," Orbot stated.
"She wants it for herself!" Bocoe remarked. Eggman shut off his communication screen.
"They get on my nerves," Eggman growled. "Let's get down to the nitty-gritty, shall we? In the first phase of my plan, I'll go around the island wreaking havoc and drawing the guards from their posts, clearing the way for you two to enter the compound. Then, Shadow moves in. He'll blow up the whole island by sneaking into the weapons center and setting off all the ammunition stored there with this miniature detonation device."
He tossed said bomb to the black hedgehog, who easily caught it. He didn't want to take innocent lives, but he knew that they would detect the bomb and order an evacuation. He gave Eggman a nod.
"Meanwhile, Rouge will proceed to the warehouse where the Chaos Emeralds are locked away and remove them," Eggman continued. "We will then meet up at the rendezvous point and make our escape. We have exactly thirty minutes. If you run into trouble, you're on your own." Shadow and Rouge nodded. "Let's go!"
The three took of to take care of their assignments. Eggman fired several missiles at the facility. Various G.U.N. robots emerged to attack Eggman, but he nimbly dodged their attacks and fired back in return.
"Peekaboo!"
An alarm went off as Shadow sped through the building, looking for the ammunition storage. Meanwhile, Rouge located the blue Chaos Emerald.
"I can feel those Emeralds here. All I have to do is break into the vault and help myself," she said. She approached the keypad. "Ah. Cracking the code will be a cinch." She pressed a few of the keys, which opened the door, granting her access to the Chaos Emerald.

Meanwhile, the Royal Hedgehogs: King Jules, Queen Aleena, Princess Sonia, and Prince Manic, were visiting Prison Island, checking in on the prisoners they had sent there. When intruders had been detected, the head guard asked them to follow their robot, Flying Dog, to stop any intruders.

Shadow finished installing the bomb.
"Doctor, the detonator is ready to go, but I need to know how long to set the timer for," he said through his communicator.
"Good work, Shadow," Eggman replied. "You can set the detonator to go off at exactly fifteen minutes. Will that be enough time for you, Rouge?"
"Yes," Rouge, who had obtained the blue Chaos Emerald, responded through her communicator.
"All right, then. Set the detonator for ten minutes."
"Right, Doctor." Shadow set the bomb for 10 minutes, then left.