Change in Plans

The next day, Sonic and Jules made up. Aleena finally spoke to Sonic for the first time, but, even as the week went on, she continued to seemingly avoid him, making Shadow even more suspicious of her. Especially after he caught her snooping around; she had come into his and Sonic's room at night while they were sleeping, and, being such a light sleeper, Shadow heard her. Rather than reveal that he knew she was there, Shadow had simply cracked an eye open very slightly and watched her. She had been focused on Sonic, so she hadn't noticed.
Shadow ended up telling Sonic about it the next morning, making him feel suspicious of her as well. Sonic had already begun to feel suspicious of Aleena, but hearing that she was snooping around really made him start feeling suspicious.

Sonic was sitting in the lounge with all three of his siblings, Rouge, and Scourge. Sonic was bored, which often caused him to get mischievous.
"Hey, Manic."
"Yea- Oof!" He was hit square in the face with a pillow.
"Think fast!" Sonic was grinning mischievously.
"Oh, I'm getting you, Sonic! PILLOW FIGHT!"
The brothers went around the room, throwing pillows. Sonia was hit in the face. She laughed before throwing a pillow of her own. She hit Scourge, which caused him to join in. Even Rouge, who didn't usually do things like this, was getting into it. Shadow was walking slowly around the room, occasionally throwing a pillow back at them. He snickered as he hit Scourge in the head really hard, giving him a brief bout of short-term memory loss.

(Later That Night)
Aleena peeked into the room. A soft chuckle escaped. The room was a mess; pillow feathers everywhere, all the young ones sleeping in different places. Did- Yes, they knocked over one of the couches. Manic and the other green hedgehog were sleeping on opposite ends of one of the remaining couches. Sonic was on the floor, Sonia laying on top of him. The bat was sleeping on the other remaining couch. Where was the-
"Why do you keep avoiding him?" Aleena whipped around; the dark hedgehog had somehow gotten behind her.
"At first, I thought it was because you haven't seen him in so long. Now I'm sure of it. You're scared of him, aren't you? All your years of wishing for him to come home, you, in actuality, were glad he wasn't there. You're hiding something."
Those ruby eyes. She could swear she'd seen them before. Though she had no ide- She gasped.
"The Ultimate Lifeform?! I thought that the original project was never finished!"
"Wha-? Don't change the subject! What are you hiding from Sonic?!" Shadow growled. This sow was making him uneasy.
"This makes this all the more complicated," she said to herself.
"You stay away from my son," the queen growled back.
"Sorry, but I think you should be the one to stay away from him." He wiped a hand through his quills, trying to flatten them back down, as they were bristling.
"What are you saying?"
"I'm saying, stay away from my Faker."
Though Shadow didn't really realize that he had said 'my', he meant it. He didn't trust this sow with anything. He scoffed as he reentered the room.
"My Faker? What the heck is wrong with me?" he growled.
Aleena stared after the Ultimate Lifeform, still trying to process that he had hers and Jules' DNA, thus making him their son. In all honesty, she was a little afraid of Sonic; afraid of how being away from Mobotropolis may have changed him. She was scared of Shadow too. Something about those blood red eyes sent shivers up her spine.
'He's working for Robotnik!' she thought to herself. She then thought about Shadow and Sonic's behavior towards each other. 'But... Sonic seems to trust him nonetheless... Maybe he knows something we don't. If I'm going to get either of them to trust me, I'll have to trust them.'
She left to find Jules and inform him of her discovery about Shadow.

("Eyecatch" Card)
Name: Princess Sonia Diva (the) Hedgehog
Age: 18
Species: Hedgehog
Height: 3'
Weight: 65 lbs.
Fur Color: Magenta and Orchid
Eye Color: Emerald Green
Skin Color: Peach
Power: Supernormal Strength, Enhanced Speed, Enhanced Reflexes, Acrobatics, and Photographic Memory
Title: Princess of Mobotropolis