tre

✨🪐✨

bella🐝jules where are you?

bella🐝
jules where are you?

jules🧚🏼‍♀️
hi sorry guys
i'm coming i kinda zoned out

lu🌙
u ok?🥺

jules🧚🏼‍♀️
something weird just happened,
i'll explain at yours

💫

+ JULIET'S POV

James and I were never friends. At least I wouldn't call us that. He was my ex best friend's brother and that was it. My most remarkable memory of him is his face on the day of the fight, and that says a lot because I'd known him for a long time. Which is why it's not a shock when I find out he sings.

"Hi Juliet. I didn't know you worked here" he said, seeming as confused to see me as I was to see him. "Yep. Started a couple of months ago" I said. We fell into an awkward silence. We didn't know each other at all and wasn't in the mood to be nice to him. He might not have anything to do with what happened with me and you know who but, still, interacting with anyone on her close circle of friends is against the rules. Well there aren't any rules, but it's against my rules.

          "So, you're here for the music event right?" I asked. The sooner we get this over with, the sooner he leaves. "Yeah. Is Rose here? I talked to her before and she said she wanted to hear me sing first" "Uh, no. She had to leave for the bank. You're supposed to show me a song". Thanks a lot Rose, I really didn't want to have to deal with this. "Oh okay". He headed over to a table and pulled out the chair. I followed him and pulled a chair in front of him while he got his guitar and stuff.

         "I'm going to play and original. It's called Phobias" he said and I nodded. I didn't know he sang but I most definitely did not expect him to write too. He started singing, and I don't know what came over me. His voice was just perfect. I don't know if you can fall in love with a voice, but I might just have. And the song was really good, the lyrics and the harmonies. I loved it.

          He stopped playing the guitar and looked at me waiting for a feedback. But all that could come off of my mouth was "Wow", great job Juliet. He giggled at my reaction, like he was used to it. "You liked it?" he asked after a while "Uh, yes it was amazing. I didn't know you sang, or even wrote". He smiled at me "Yeah I don't think we ever knew much about each other".

          We again fell in silence, but this time it was a comfortable one. We stared at each other smiling until I realized what was happening. "Uh, yeah that's true. You're definitely singing here. You're okay with Saturday right?" I asked him as I try to not blush after that moment we just had. "Yeah" "Okay. Do you have a preference?" I asked and realized it sounded dumb.

          "Huh?" he asked laughing. "Oh god sorry. Do you want to be first or last? I think I like to be in the middle when I perform so I thought I'd ask you". For some reason my sentence caused a surprise in his face "Wait, you sing too?" he asked and I realized what it was about "Oh, yeah. I'll be performing too Saturday". He smiled sweetly at the comment "I didn't know you sang. Guess we really don't know anything about each other".

          We laughed at that joke, and I realized, what was I doing, laughing with the enemy. I was thinking of how many ways this was not right until I heard him speak again "Can I hear you?" "Uh what?" "Sing. Can I hear you sing now?". He wanted to hear me sing. Did he not remember who I was? I guess my confusion was readable in my face because he added "You just heard me, so I think it's only fair".

           Unfortunately I knew he was right. If he wasn't him, I would've don't it in a blink. But he was him, he was James Miller. Was I really about to sing for him? I guess I took to long again because he added, again "You don't have to" he said. The tone in his voice made me want to tho. He sounded caring, like he genuinely didn't want to push me to something I didn't want.

         "Okay" I said as I extended my hand, wanting to borrow his guitar. "I wrote this. Oh yeah I write too. It doesn't really have a name yet and I only have the beginning. Oh and also, I think it's more of an upbeat song but I don't know how to adapt it so". I guess I was rambling because he laughed at me again, but this time I laughed too.

         "Pressure buildin', put that on me. Time to finish what we started" I started and sang everything I had written until now. I looked up at him to see he was smiling "You have a really pretty voice. And I love the song". His compliment made me blush "Thanks" I answered, but his head seemed to be somewhere else. He started tapping a rhythm on the table. "Wait sing from the beginning, please. But faster". So I did. And it sounded good, like really good. When I ended he smiled even brightly than before.

           "Wow, that was..." "Amazing. That was exactly what I wanted for the song" I said shocked. "How did you know?" "I don't know honestly. It sounds dumb but it just came to me". It felt really weird being here, it was like we connected and I don't know why but it scared me. "Hey, do you think you could help me finish that?" I asked that. Wait, why did I ask that? That would mean we would have to hang out. Why?

          "Yeah, I'd love too. It's gonna be a good one" he said as I laughed. Suddenly I heard the bell ring right before I heard Rose's voice "Jules, honey I'm back" she said. When she came around the corner and saw the two of us, me with guitar in hands she smirked "Oh, hi there. You must be James". James stood up and shook her hand. "Nice to meet you" he said.

           She then directed herself at me "Did you hear him already, because I can do it now?". Oh this girl, she knew the answer but she still decided to play dumb. I mentally rolled my eyes at her "I did. He's good, he should perform" I said as I looked at James and smiled. He smiled back and that little moment between us was enough for Rose to look at me in her "Go girl he's cute" way. "Okay then. Do you want a coffee or something James?".

           He looked between us and then at his phone before standing up "No, I actually have to go". He grabbed his guitar from me and I stood up too. "Okay, nice meeting you, see you Saturday" Rose said before heading for the cashier leaving us alone.

            After she arrived there, I looked back at James to see he was looking right at me. "Hey, can I get your number? You know so we can work on the song?" he asked and for once in our whole talks he seemed shy. I really should've said no, but a part of me didn't want to. A part of me wanted to get to know him and to see if this connection was actually here, or if i was crazy.

          And that part won the battle inside my mind because I said "Sure!"

✨🪐✨

+ AUTHOR'S NOTE:
hey guys, new chapter! hope you're enjoying it
love, L🧚🏼‍♀️🧡