iv.

♪ 𝘐 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥, "𝘎𝘪𝘳𝘭, 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨?

𝘐 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘱𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨

𝘖𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦

𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘮𝘦?" ♪

It was Monday, and I sent Maple to the preschool, which would operate until three in the afternoon, which means I've got - almost - all day for myself. Minghao and Junhui went out shopping for new furniture which I actually called a date (in which they both denied) and the rest of the neighbourhood were busy on their own. I sat comfortably in the living room, trying my very best to ignore he seductive sight of the attic's entrance which was very visible from beside the television, which enthralls me, telling me to go and check it out.

And so I did.

The last time I was here was when moved all of Soonyoung's belongings, those that were left by his parents. Some of his clothes, his framed pictures, and even his treasure box which contains of all the gifts I have given him from ten years ago. I spotted it immediately and decided to rummage its contents.

A smile made its way to my lips and as the gifts scattered in front of my eyes, a memory played in my mind.

It was graduation day, we all finished our fourth year in college. Soonyoung and I were nineteen at that time.

"Okay, Seokmin, are you ready?" Jihoon, one of Soonyoung's best friends, asked. "If Soonyoung steps on the stage, there would be a technical error—"

"I know, I know," I stopped him. I've heard the plan a million times already. "Thank you so much, guys, really."

"I brought napkins just in case Nyong rejects yoy," Wonwoo says, in a deep, genuine voice.

I tried my best not to smack him. "I appreciate that, buddy."

The graduation song started, until it was our batch's turn. We all lined up, Soonyoung being the second rank in his class was at the second to the last of the line. When it was his turn to go to the stage, I hurriedly rummaged through my belongings, finding that little box which held my future with Soonyoung, then I waited for Minghao's signal. He stood near the technical operator and when he winked at me, I readied myself and tapped the microphone that Junhui handed me. I saw Jihoon, Wonwoo, and Mingyu from their seats, giving me a thumbs up Then the song changed to a static to the song I personally requested to sing at this day.

"Stay for tonight. If you want to I can show you what my dreams are made of, as I'm dreaming of your face."

From the end of the staircase, I could see his figure standing at the middle of the stage, his graduation dress flowing with the wind while he waited for me to come up to him.

"They say that love is forever, your forever is all that I need. Please, stay as long as you need. Can't promise that things won't be broken, but I swear that I will never leave."

Then there I stood in front of him with the brightest smile I could muster, with a bit of nervousness, before I took out the ring and knelt in front of the person I wanna spend my forever with.

"Please, stay forever with me," I sang as I knelt, looking at him lovingly. Soonyoung put his hand over his mouth, with tears flowing from his eyes.

He smiled and took the microphone from my hand. "Show me what your dreams are made of. Yes, Seokmin, I'll stay forever with you."

And as we kissed in front of the whole university, I knew to myself that that was by far the happiest day of my life.