v.

♪ 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥, "𝘉𝘰𝘺, 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢 𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨?

𝘐𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘴

𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘐 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦

𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦." ♪

"Please, tell me that I've heard it all wrong," I glanced at Soonyoung who had his head hung low. "Soonie? Love? If this is one of your silly pranks, quit it. You're making me nervous."

It was all perfect, actually, well almost. Our one-year old adopted son came from Junhui's house, of course I was with him, which I introduced to Minghao and Junhui's nine-month old adopted daughter. Soonyoung said he needed to visit someone, so I let him go after an hour of sulking because he did not want me to come. When he got home, I prepared dinner for us — cleaned the house, changed the baby's clothes and diaper's, and was just waiting for him — but he had this melancholic face, an emotion I've never seen from him ever since he lost a dance battle. I immediately went to him and asked if he was alright. Of course, he wasn't And when he looked up to meet my eyes, he said the words which made me fall to my knees.

"S-Seokkie, I have Leukemia . . . and I've only got a month to live."

Wonwoo approached me and patted my back. "Seok, I was with him. He's telling the truth."

"This is some prank I would come up with," Jihoon said. "But Seokmin, this is no time for a joke. We visited his family doctor and we all heard it."

I didn't want to believe it but I needed to, because it was the truth.

The last thirty days of Soonyoung's life were excruciatingly painful. I had to act that everything was normal, but every night I fall asleep, all I pray for is Soonyoung's long life.

Until it was the last day. Soonyoung and I sat at the balcony of our house, watching the city lights twinkling in the distance. Soonyoung prepared a mini campsite. As our son slept peacefully in my arms, and Soonyoung nuzzled comfortably in my chest. A thick blanket was thrown over our shoulders to prevent ourselves from freezing. But the coldness seemed to vanish when Soonyoung rested his head on my shoulder.

"Seokkie?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you so much," he nuzzled my neck. "So, so much."

I felt a lump in my throat. "Me too, Soonie, me too. I love you."

I ran my fingers across his hair and kissed his forehead lightly, a tear escaping from my eye.

"Don't cry too much, my crybaby," he said, clearly teasing. But I felt my neck getting wet, so I figured out he was crying, too.

"I w-won't," I said tho deeply, I knew to myself that I would probably cry myself to sleep every night that he was gone. "Stay with me longer."

"I'll always be here," he rested his palm on my chest. "Always. Forever."

Don't leave, please.

"I'm sleepy, Seokkie."

I gently embraced him and our son. "Sleep with me."

He laid down on the carpeted floor and placed his head on my lap, looking at the sky.

"Good night, Maple. Good night, Seokkie," he closed his eyes.

I pressed my lips against his. "Good night, Soonie."