Nine

Longing

Tears streaming down my cheeks, as I glided my bow to the violin, creating a beautiful yet sad music.

I closed my eyes to ease up the pain. The heavy feeling inside, all rumbled up, waiting to be cried out. I kept it in, I hold it in, waiting for everything to be finished.

And when it did end, all I felt was pain.

"There they are! The talented and last year's Mr. & Ms. SEIS, Aidan Ivor Gaudiel and Veneza Carmela Arascia!"

The moment was broken by the applause of the audiences. I smiled sadly at Ivor and gently wiped my tears with his hanky.

"Wow, Ms. Arascia's in tears!" The host couldn't help but point out.

Nilahad niya sa akin ang mic, pinagpapaliwanag ako. "Well, it's been a wonderful year! The sentiments and everything, it has been wonderful, I'll treasure the experience forever," I said.

"Aidan?"

Ivor cleared his throat before speaking, "It's been good to know we helped a lot. I hope the legacy continues," maikli niyang sagot.

Shortly after, the winners were announced. Both were from the higher batch. I gently placed the crown to her after her sash and bouquet was given. We even made beso!

"Hey! Why are you crying?! Come on Eza! Why?" Kleah came running to me as I went back down to the stage.

"K, ang sakit..." I cried on her shoulder.

Looking back at it, I still feel the sting. I don't know why it still haunts me! After that day, everything felt heavy and painful. There are times I woke up with tears, and there are times I find myself crying for some unknown reasons.

"Hoy! Kanina ka pa tulala diyan! Sino ba iniisip mo?" Pinitik ni Raven ang noo ko.

"Ouch!" I whimpered and caressed my forehead. Masama ko siyang tinignan.

"Sino ba iniisip mo? Nasa harap ka ng mga bata oy! Ngiti!" Pagbulong niya pa sakin.

It was a Saturday afternoon and I was invited to a charity event. It was organized by a non-profit organization that I was introduced while I was still Ms. SEIS.

"I'm not even someone important! Taga distribute lang ako ng reliefs," pasigaw ko'ng bulong sakanya.

"Importante ka kaya! Tignan mo kung gano kalawak yung naging impluwensya mo, diba? You touched their lives!" Pagmamayabang niyang mag english sakin.

I pouted at him and just listened to whoever's speaking. Ang bagong Ms. SEIS ay iba ang advocacy, so medyo hindi nagtatama ang events namin.

"Salamat po," I greeted as I gave the bags of goods to the attendees.

"Naku, hija! Salamat ng marami sa inyo, may kakainin kami mamayang gabi!"

I smiled at the elders, and there were times I'd kiss their hands as a sign of respect. It's heart warming to know that these people were happy with the things you gave them.

A small donation has a big impact to them. Others may look at it as a mere bag of goods, but for them, their lives depends on it. Imagine working hard and extra just to eat everyday, and it's not always three meals per day.

"Ate Princess!" A group of young girls flocked to me after the event.

Natatawa ako sa tawag nila sakin. I've been to this place before, and they called me ate Princess because of the crown I was wearing when I came here. I never gotten the chance to fully introduce myself!