Chapter 1 late birthday gift

(Scarlett's pov)

                                                   I woke up to the sound of birds I sat in peace the sound was calming I was having a nice moment.But sadly it was ruined by the sound of my doorbell I reluctantly got out of bed going to my room door stopping to grab my robe as i heard the sound of my doorbell ring again.As I made it to the bottom of my stairs I  tried my best to look more alive even though I didn't show any emotion at all.Fixing my long dark brown sorta black hair as i stood in front of the door waiting to see who was waiting for me patiently.I opened it to see my mail man harry he seemed to be holding something with my mail, a package.He looked at me with a soft smile even though I didn't smile back he could see I was in a pleasant mood he scanned the package and handed me it back we talked about how our day was going so far.After i signed the clipboard he had in his tanned color bag he put it away Harry went on his way.                                                                                         I closed the door and sat down on my couch making sure my door was locked I looked at my mail a few birthday cards that i guess didn't make it on time finished after looking though them all I put them away. I looked at the couch I finally picked up the package I notice that it had my parent's address i was confused they had already sent me my birthday gifts including my little sister. I opened it to find a VHS tape "weird" was the only thing that went though my mind all it said was happy birthday I went upstairs going take out a old DVD/VHS player that had gotten left with my stuff when i moved out of state for work "Good thing i took that old thing with me" I thought as i walked up the stairs.Not knowing my life was going to change from the last moment I would ever fully feel sane.