Aeveon 2057 - 2034

My life officially ended on January 1, 2034. But I was born on September 14, 2053.

Prologue

Aeveon was the name of the new planet scientists discovered. It was founded in 2057 and scientists were amazed that the new planet was just like Earth. It had land, water, air and humans were able to live on it. Life started immediately. Scientists volunteered people from Earth to come to Aeveon, people from all over the world, and they did. The problem with Aeveon was that the planet wasn't meant to exist long. Aeveon worked backwards; it was to end in 2034. The planet was to collapse.

The concrete, black road laid between me and the familiar burning house on this dark night. The fire hypnotized me and I couldn't move. Fire trucks were on the scene in a quickness. It looked all too familiar.
Like I've been here before.
I hear the clicking heels of a pair of CuKoos come my way but I don't bother to turn.

Girl's Voice

Tade?

I look over. In the dark I recognize Vaneisa, my best friend.

Vaneisa (exhaling)

That is you. What are you doing?

I think to remain silent but that would be rude.

Tade (Me)

I don't know.

Together we watch the house burn down.

Vaneisa

What happened?

Me

I just got here. I don't know.

Vaneisa

And you've been standing here watching it?

Wind blows the trees.

Me

Right.

Vaneisa

Why?

I shrug.

Me

I don't know.

Vaneisa turns and looks at me.

Vaneisa

There has to be some reason, Tade. It's cold out here and you're just standing there watching the fire.

I face Vaneisa.

Me

It feels familiar. I feel like I've seen this before.

Vaneisa

You had a dream about this?

Me (shaking head)

No.

It's silent and we just continue watching the fire eat up the wood. Eating everything. Everything gone. Firefighters couldn't stop it.