Chapter NINETEEN

The next few weeks fly by. James and I have grown alot closer and the pack has grown more comfortable around him although there are still a few that are wary.  James has really come out of his shell. His personality has blossomed, he's more confident,  personable, and assertive.

I was able to convince him to take the Wolf Managenent course with the pups. At first he was very embarrassed being 15 years older than most of the students but after a couple classes he realized it's importance and now him and his wolf are closer than ever.

We both agreed that it wouldn't be the best idea for him to enroll at the training facility after his last incident there but he was still determined to become an enforcer so there were many days where he would commandeer the exercise room for vigorous workouts or the library for studying. He even has gone as far as to order books on reading body language and strategic fighting. We've sparred a few times in both human and wolf form. In the beginning I would wipe the floor with him but lately he has been giving me quite the workout.

Christy was true to her word, she did fatten him up. Everytime we would sit down for a meal she would pile up the food on his plate to ridiculous proportions and stay there until he ate eveything.

The extra weight James packed on and his crazy exercising schedule has resulted in James developing drool worthy muscles and the most defined upper body I have ever seen. His whole body is sculpted now and I have caught a few unmated female members checking him out or gathering to watch him work out. I easily scare them away with threats of severe bodily harm.

The best thing that has happened over the last couple week is our overall relationship. Sometimes we will sit in bed for hours and just talk or we would go for runs in wolf form. We found out we have alot in common. James has even opened up a little bit about his past. He still hasn't told me the name of his old pack but maybe that's for the best because if he did I would hunt them down and make them pay. We still haven't official mated yet but we're taking things slow. Despite that everything is going Grear. Well everything except my relationship with Dallas.

Everytime we are around each other the tension is thick and I'm getting concerned because the pack is picking up on the discord. We need to put up a solid front or they may start lacking our abilities. We discuss pack business then he is out the door. I really miss our friendship. Theres no more easy banter or joking around just uncomfortable awkward silences.

As far as I know James and Dallas have not spoken a word to each other since the incident at the training facility.  They don't even stay in the same room for more than 5 minutes.

I'm at a lost for what to do. Dallas is a excellent Beta and I don't want to get rid of him but maybe he would do better somewhere else. I will talk to him about it later.

James Pov

I hang 200 feet in the air suspended by a harness and pulley nothing below me but sharp rocks and death.  I'm almost to the top. This climb, has been much easier than others which means either my couage has grown or my confidence. I smile to myself thinking about how far I've come.

Amber isn't the biggest fan of this type of training. She calls me an adrenaline junkie and too reckless but the way I see thing is that confidence and courage come from conquering you fears and mastering any technique or skill it took to do so. I haven't told Amber but my next step is wondering around rogue territory. Not picking fights of course but if one should happen Im not too afraid.

Over the past few weeks I have transformed into a me that feels right, a me that I was suppose to be all along. Everything that I try comes naturally to me I haven't had a really hard time with anything, even some of the pack members have commented on my adaptability. The me that is currently dangling from an thin cord feels like the real me.