Forgetting

In the tower:
You woke up in the tower to see Reidy sat on the end of the bed watching you. You really hoped the boys wouldn't make a fuss as it would stress you out. You weren't shaking anymore and your breathing was regular.

"(y/n) you're awake are you okay?" Reidy questioned.

"I don't want to talk about it. Where's Chappo?" You asked, sitting up on the bed.
Reidy looked at you confused as you had never acted this way around.

"He just went to get changed across the road but it's okay, we're here" he said trying to reassure you but you didn't want his comfort, you just wanted your big brother.

"No, I just want Chappo." you said as you moved away from him and hid your head in your knees hoping when you looked up your brother would be stood infront of you.
Reidy didn't attempt to comfort you anymore, not because he was annoyed, he completely understood that you were scared and wanted Chappo but to, you presume go and get your brother.

A few minutes later you heard the door open and looked up to see your brother running in with Reidy following.

"(y/n)! Are you okay?" he said, sitting next to you and putting his arm around your shoulders. You leant into his chest as you whispered,

"Don't wanna talk about it anymore Chappo"
He ran his fingers through your hair while saying

"That's okay, we'll just forget about!"

"Thanks Chips" You replied sitting up and getting of the bed at looking at him with a grin.

"What do you want?" He questioned laughing at your sudden change expression.

"It's still light out" You began

"And...." Chappo continued

"You promised to take me surfing"

"Are you sure you want to?" He asked

"Listen Chappo,if I don't go out now then I'll be too scared to go in again- everyday you don't do something cos your scared just means you'll find it harder when you eventually do" You defended

"It's gone isn't it?" Chappo questioned the few that remained on shift.

"Yea, Maxi went our on the ski and scared it away" Harries answered.

"Okay then grab your board and I'll get changed." Chappo said walking across the street.

"I think I'll join him and come out too" Reidy added

"Okay, I'll wait here you two to be ready!"

Time skip:

You, Chappo and Reidy were sat on your board in the water waiting for a set to come. The swell was still huge at around 10ft but the lul you were currently experiencing made it easy to get out past the breakers. After a few minutes of sitting in silence, you turned your head to see a Huge wave beginning to form in the distance and the adrenaline started racing around your body.

"I'm getting that next one!" You exclaimed as the two boys looked at you with shocked faces.

"Maybe start with a smaller one (y/n) because..." Chappo began but you cut him off before he could finish his sentence

"C'mon Chappo, live a little, all that can happen is I'll fall off." You reasoned

"No, you could break you.." Once again he was cut off but this time by Reidy

"She's not a baby anymore Chappo, just let her have fun!"

"Fine"

You turned your head once again to see the wave towering over you at at least 10ft. You started to paddle as hard as your little 13 year arms could manage and you eventually caught the wave. As you stood up, you heard Reidy and Chappo clapping behind you. This was your happy. This was where you felt at home- riding a wave.
Riding a wave is like having all your troubles absorbed by the water beneath you and being given a feeling of freedom and joy; it's  the best!