12: gamble

F/N and Kirari didn't react much to that statement. As long as you don't consider smirking, much of a reaction, that is. Having all this power would for sure mean being given a little hatred from other people. It's not like it would affect them, so why should they care.

After a few seconds of silence, Nishinotoin rose from her seat.

"We can't let that happen! The order of the academy will collapse!"

"She's right, President. Please reconsider," Sayaka added.

F/N turned to the Student Council Members.

"Kirari has made her decision. Ya can't change it," she shrugged.

"Woah, you've got a cute accent now!" Yumemite gushed.

F/N perked up, "I know right? I adapted into speaking in the dialect in Hyogo, 'cause I didn't want to get questions, but now it's a habit!"

"This sounds like crazy fun! Bring it on!" Ikishima called out, referring to the election. "Though it's not like there can possibly be a finer girl than Yumeko among you."

'So she's even got Midari's approval, huh?'

"Hah?! You've even brought in measly little kids?" Ikishima carried on speaking, looking at Mushibami.

"This is madness..." Nishinotoin stated.

"Yuriko, calm down," Kirari said, as Nishinotoin's head turned to face her. "If you want things to remain as they are, you have to win. You too, Sayaka."

"The opportunity is yours. Everyone will have an equal shot in this election because it will be decided through gambling alone."

-----------

"The event's officially started then?"

"Yup. It's been a while since I've played, but I still have it all in me. Though something's been bothering me..."

"And?"

"Well, I've heard of this girl: Jabami Yumeko. The council's talkin' about how she's beaten most of them in gambling, and I found out she's even tied with Kirari in one."

"She's only tied though. It's not like she actually beat her or anything."

"But the fact some no name like her managed to tie with the Momobami Kirari, is disgustingly amazing!"

"Pft, disgustingly amazing? Well have you beat Momobami-sama before then?" 

"Of course, that's why I'm a leader of the clan. My gambling skills are almost perfect. Though, I'd say that's only because I'm relaxed when I play.  If yer too tense, and ya stress out too much, you're bound to lose. Just be free and take risks!"

"I see. Well I hope you get a ton of votes then, I suppose. Thanks for letting me talk to you. My team were really doing my head in, to be honest, and I needed a break."

"I feel ya there. Well, call me whenever you like, Kei-kun."

-----------

"Hey, there's Momobami-sama playing!"

" Is that a bet of 40 chips?"

"Ohh, she's playing against the Vice President~"

"She's won the game!"

"70 chips in one day?!"

F/N had her first important gamble against her dear cousin, Ririka.

And she had won.

"Good game, Ririka," F/N softly smiled, shaking the other girl's hand.

During the day, she had small rock, paper, scissors matches (supervised by the nearest election monitor there) and managed to get 30 just from that. Unfortunately, it had taken its toll on her stamina though, so she had asked Akaashi she come over to the school, so they could walk to his house together.

She then saw Kirari, walking in with two boys. A wave of happiness came over F/N.

'Oh, how fun this month will be!'