Chapter 32: Confidence

*Y/N's POV*

After the touching conversation with my lovely Tokyo boys last night, I received a video chat request from the oh-so-charming, Tōru. Recognizing his sense of style, I requested his help in picking out my bikini and outfit for my date today.

At first, he had quite a similar reaction to Tobio when I mentioned the word bikini, but uh... don't tell him he's similar to Tobio... EVER. Big mistake my friends. Hint: It ends with an extremely whiney, gloomy Oikawa.

Regardless, he chose a royal blue bikini with white polka dots since apparently the color made my eyes pop. As for my outfit, it took WAY too long for Tōru and I to make a decision. But eventually we decided on light blue, ripped jean shorts with a loose turquoise top, literally Aoba Johsai's school color.

So. Here I am now, waiting at the entrance of the water park with Yuu, our hands linked together and dangling at our sides as we took in the scenery around us. Families, big and small, stood on line at the admissions booth. A miserable little girl with pigtails wailed as her father desperately tried to force floaties onto the toddler's arm. Puddles of murky water randomly trailed across the concrete ground. Brightly colored tubes and slides twisted high into the air, peeking over the fence.

As we passed through the gates, we swerved off towards the rows of lounge chairs and umbrellas. The pungent scent of chlorine and sunscreen pierced my nostrils.

I placed my bag on one of the rickety beach chairs and shimmied off my jean shorts, uncovering my blue spotted bathing suit bottoms. I glanced over at Yuu who ripped his shirt off with no hesitation, revealing his toned body. His smooth skin glistened in the sunlight as he slathered himself in sunscreen. Oh shit... this is my first time seeing him shirtless... but damn that was not what I was expecting.

I quickly whipped my head around before he noticed me drooling over his abs. Right. My pale ass needs sunscreen too. I flipped open the top to my sunscreen and rubbed the cream into my arms and legs. I shook off my cheap flip flops and adjusted the black sunglasses on my face.

Turning back to Yuu, he asked curiously, "Are you ready to go? Your shirt will get soaked if you keep it on."

"I, uh, um," God damn it Y/N use real words.

He flashed me a warm smile. "Hey, don't you worry. I got you covered." He sent a wink in my direction before turning around to shuffle through his bag. He tugged out a black one piece bathing suit and handed it to me. "After you texted last night about your insecurities... I bought you this just in case your confidence faltered."

Literally... he's got me covered.

"Oh my gosh! Yuu! You didn't have to do that for me," I squealed, waving my hands around frantically.

I looked down at the slick black fabric in my hand. "But I think I still have to take a stab at this confidence thing." I took a deep breath, relaxed my shoulders, and set the bathing suit down on the chair, pausing before I took my next action. I shakily pulled the turquoise top off over my head. It's better to just rip the bandaid off right?

Yuu's eyes widened and I felt my cheeks heat up, probably bursting with all shades of pink. I immediately fumbled to cover my exposed stomach as best as I could, but ultimately failing due to lack of surface area provided by my arms.

After smearing sunscreen over my neck and stomach, I reached my hands around to my back, awkwardly spreading the cream. Without hesitation, Yuu snatched the bottle of sunscreen and effortlessly applied the cream for me. The sunscreen felt cold against my back, sending a chill up my spine... or was it Yuu's gentle touch lingering against my delicate skin that made me shiver.