chapter four | the changes

Her eyes blinked for a few times before they finally opened, looking around the room she was in. She immediately recognized it, although it looked a bit different than it was before. It was her bedroom. The items and furniture in her room were different, and at first Marinette was confused as to why, but then she lightly slapped her forehead, remembering that she was now in the future. The trapdoor opened and 27-year-old Marinette walked inside. Marinette sighed and leaned back against the bed, suddenly remembering why she had even fainted in the first place.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Not good."

"Right, I understand," the woman took a seat right on the bed. "I probably shouldn't have told you that information, but now maybe, when you get back to your time, you can stop Alya from falling off that building when we were fighting off Hawk Moth 2.0. It happened in 2029 though, so you still have time. Perhaps, instead of fighting Hawk Moth 2.0, you can find a way to find out his identity sooner and take him down before he attacks you." She then pulled something out her pocket and when Marinette looked closer, she noticed it was a picture of a man. "That's Hawk Moth 2.0, but because you're here, I think you're kinda going to change what happens. Like, the more you're in the future, the more you're changing what's going to happen in your time. Hawk Moth 2.0 is probably going to change, but this is your first suspect."

Marinette nodded. "Thank you so much." She's right. I never thought of this before. Some things are going to change now because I'm in the future, which was never supposed to happen. Oh no! What if when I get back on my own time, I'm going to forget everything that happened here. I'm going to forget everything I learnt here. Widening her eyes at the sudden realization that could have been true. "Uh, can I borrow a notebook and a pen?" It's better if I write it all down so even if I forget, I can still read it.

"Uh yeah, sure." She stood up from the bed and headed towards one of her drawers, opening it and taking a notebook out of it. She then walked over to her desk and took a pen from her pen holder, before walking over to Marinette and handing them over. Marinette instantly took them, and after muttering a thank you, she started scribbling down everything she'd learnt. The first thing she put down was the civilian name of Hawk Moth: Gabriel Agreste, before she put down Hawk Moth 2.0, and placed the picture right there.

She wrote other important things, like the death of Alya. Her hands trembled writing that part, but she managed to. "So Alya died like about 7 months ago, and you were able to replace her?"

Older Marinette gave a small smile as she got ready to start explaining once again. "We met Aimee during one of our chase for a dangerous criminal. Unfortunately, she was being framed of stealing from a mall, so in order for us to get her help for the criminal, we had to help prove to the police that she had been framed. We managed to do that, finding the real thief and saving Aimee from prison. In return, she helped us with the criminal. She was much more better than I expected, such an amazing investigator; she sometimes found clues our eyes had missed. She. . . reminded me so much of Alya, not going to lie. The others agreed that she would make an amazing superhero and should perhaps get the fox miraculous. I didn't agree just yet, but when we were in a serious pickle, I had to hand it over to her, and she used it quite well. We got a threat warning from an unknown person, and telling from the voice, she sounded like female. We weren't quite sure about her, but she kept giving us these calls that she was going to make an attack soon, although, unfortunately, we still haven't figured out who she is and that is what we were currently working on. . . that is, until you showed up."

Marinette groaned silently. The future was even more twisted than she had expected. When she heard about Hawk Moth being taken down, and learning about his identity, she had been shocked, but happy on the inside. But then, even more twists were added. So now, apparently, there was a second Hawk Moth, Alya died from falling off a building, and now, a secret woman was sending threat messages. "I. . ." She was dying for some good news now. "You said Emilie needed the ladybug, cat and moth miraculous to heal. You got those, didn't you? So then, you were able to save her, right? Where's she living right now, and how did she feel about. . . her husband?"