chapter six | lila rossi

She said Alya fell from a building, so I'm just going to have to keep a look-out for her, and rush towards her whenever she's falling. I'll grab her with my yo-yo. I've done that so many times. Now, I'm starting to wonder how my future self even failed to save her. How busy had I been? Marinette shook her head furiously, thoughts running wild inside of her mind. Emilie passed away in 2027. I wasn't given a certain date or time, but I know 2027 is her last year, so I have to take Hawk Moth 2.0 down before that year in order to get her back. She scribbled on her note, not wanting to forget a single thing until she had it all written down.

Suddenly, not looking where she was going, Marinette felt her body hit another. The notebook and pen dropped out of her hands, but she managed to stay stable and didn't fall. "I'm so sorry." Immediately apologizing, Marinette pulled her hoodie down even more, not wanting a single person to see her face, especially due to what had happened before. Of course lots of people knew Marinette, so seeing another younger that looked exactly like her, that must have shocked them a bit. Marinette bent down to pick up the notebook, but another hand reached for it first. She looked at the face, only to see that it was covered, just like hers. "I'm sorry. I believe that's mine."

The hooded figure stared at the page the notebook had been opened to. Her eyes, which were the only things Marinette could see on her face at the moment, seemed to widen in what looked like shock. Marinette frowned, reached forward and grabbed the notebook away from her. That's when she realized that she hadn't even remembered to change her voice up a bit. The person she had bumped into seemed to stare at her for so long, and Marinette was about to walk away, but then instantly stopped when she felt the notebook being taken out of her hand once again. "Hey!" She screeched to see the person taking off, while clutching onto the notebook. Marinette didn't waste time at all and chased after her.

That's the only remembrance I have with me. Marinette continued to scream as she chased after the girl, running faster and faster. It was a good thing she had been good at sports and actually enjoyed running, because soon enough, it looked like the girl was slowing down, or maybe she was just running faster than her now. If I happen to not remember anything at all when I go back to my time, and I don't have that notebook with me, everything will shatter. My plans will shatter! Soon, Marinette was able to catch up with the person and took a huge leap, jumping on their back and bring them down. "Thief!" She cried out, grabbing the notebook out of the person's hands and banging it against their head as some kind of a punishment. "You thief!"

"Ow!" The person shrieked out, pushing Marinette off. Marinette gasped. Telling from the voice, it sounded like it belonged to a girl. . .a familiar girl. "Watch it, prick! You can take your stupid notebook back! Dang it!"

"L-Lila?

"Oh yeah, Marinette. I'm surprised to see you here. No, really, I am." Lila didn't pull off her hood to reveal her face and neither did Marinette. "As soon as I heard your voice, I knew it was you. What are you even doing here?! How did you get here? Do you even know where you are?!"

We don't exactly know what's going on, but your mission is find a girl with brunette hair. . .at least according to what Pollen saw. Now, I know this may sound hard, but when you see the brunette, you'll immediately tell it's her that you're after. Marinette still remembered Tikki's words warning her of the brunette girl she was supposed to look for and bring back home. It was Lila all along. "I can't believe this? I can't believe it's been you this whole time. I feel so stupid." She rushed forward and grabbed ahold of Lila's arm, surprising Lila herself, then she removed her sleeve from her other arm to reveal the wrist-watch she had been wearing and had never taken off due to fear of losing it. The wrist-watch Tikki had given her; supposedly the only way back. "Lila, what are you doing in the future?"