Character Development Pt. 1: Jaune's Arc

(POV: 3rd)

(Y/N) (L/N) and Oscar pine are walking down a dark street. It is empty as this part of the shopping district is mostly closed. The exception being the bakery they are heading to.

Oscar: So remind me again why I need a wardrobe change?

(Y/N): Oscar... we're the heroes of this world. Every hero's gotta have a costume. Don't worry. You don't have to wear a cape or a scarf like me and Ruby. Just, whatever goes along with your personal style. Here, I'll tell you what. My boy Neptune Vasillias knows this place called Huntsman tailors. I'll ask him about it should we see him sometime. I hear they make killer suits.

Oscar: Sounds nice.

The two walk in silence for a little while before Oscar sparks a little more conversation.

Oscar: So... you and Ruby huh? How'd that happ-

(Y/N): Stop talking.

Oscar: Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-

(Y/N): No seriously. Stop talking.

You turn around and look at the roof of one of the buildings behind you. No one is there.

(Y/N): Oscar, you know how to fight?

Oscar: Not that well. Didn't you hear the other guys speech just now?

(Y/N): Right. Well, we may need him.

Oscar:... he says no.

(Y/N): What? Oz!?

You grab Oscar by the shoulders and shake him.

(Y/N): I know you're in there. Come on out, you gray haired apple!

Oscar: Please. Stop. Shaking. Behind. You!

Suddenly, the sound of feet hitting the ground stops you from shaking Oscar. You let him go and turn to face your follower.

(Y/N): Oh. Lovely. (Turns to Oscar) Just take a minute. Sorry about the shaking. Look, whoever you are, we don't want any trouble. Seriously, can't a guy just get cookies for his lady without anything extravagant happening?

???: (Y/N) (L/N). Been a while. Did you really think you could kill me that easily?

(Y/N): ...what are you talking about?

???: (Chuckles) You're such a good boyfriend to little Red. Going out of your way to get cookies for her at this hour. Pity you took away mine when you threw him off that fucking airship!

(Y/N): I... Olivia.... Good to see you I guess?

Oscar: (Y/N)? Who is she?

You draw your weapons and transform them into pistol mode. You point it at her. She does the same in drawing a flintlock pistol, revealing that her left hand is now metal in a somewhat skeletal shape.

(Y/N): Damn. Looks like someones gone all terminator on us. Look, I'm really not in the mood to fight right now!

Olivia: Well, here's the thing. I don't care! HAAA!!!

She lunges toward you and you dodge left. Oscar cries out and swings with his cane but Olivia turns immediately and knocks him down. You turn around and extend your weapons into sword form and lift them into an X to block the incoming swing from her weapon, now transformed into a pirate saber. She begins to press down on your blockade. She moves her sword back down and around and swings upward. You reciperocate by swinging downward to block. You two continue fighting with sword fighting techniques until she manages to kick you square in the chest. With your back now pressing against a wall, you try to push her off.