in the next life

ANGST
TW: SUICIDE ,CUTTING, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, DEPRESSION, ABUSE, ETC.
i don't like writing angst but i was in the mood for it today.
also i got this idea from a tiktok i saw.

NO ONE POV
It was tokyo nationals. Karasuno was playing Kamomedai high. Suddenly hinata collapsed.
The whole gym shook.

HINATA POV
oh no. i need to get back up. "i'm fine guys" "just a slip" takeda put a hand on my head. "hinata it looks like you've had a fever for a few days, you need to rest. we can go one without you." no no no. "i'm fine i can play i promise" i said smiling weakly. "HINATA!! you will not play. now go rest" ukai screamed. no please let me stay i can't leave. that was the last thing i heard before yachi rushed me to the infirmary.

TIME SKIP

they loss. this is all my fault. he's gonna kill me.

FLASHBACK
"hinata how about we make a deal." my dad said smiling wryly. "o-ok" i said weakly. "i'll hold your punishment off, but if you lose nationals you will never play volleyball again, and to make sure."he chuckled evilly . "i will break every bone in your body." oh no if i back out now he will beat my ass. i believe we can win. please guys. we will win.
FLASHBACK OVER

no i can't. it was all my fault they loss. if-if i wouldnt have gotten sick we could've won. no we would've one. and when we get back. i'll never be able to play volleyball again. no. if it's a life without volleyball i don't want it.

time skip the games are still going but karasuno is resting. hinatas in the bathroom.

i'm so sorry. i love you karasuno. my paradise. i'm sorry i wasn't strong enough. i cried into the mirror. wrist slit before collapsing with teary eyes.

KUROO POV
"ok guys i'll be right back i'm just gonna head to the bathroom." hmm? is the door locked. i pushed until eventually it opened. oh my god. i started crying. i ran outside holding hinata in my arms. "SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE PLEASE." the rest of the team looked our way. some started running for help while others began crying. kenma being one of them. kenma boarded the ambulance with hinata while i called karasuno. "hmm kuroo san is there something you neeeded."-ukai
"UKAI YOU NEED TO GET TO THE HOSPITAL NOW. I FOUND HJNATA IN THE BATHROOM I DONT KNOW IF HE WILL MAKE IT." i cried into the phone. he will make it. he will. the teams playing were kamomedai and fukurodani. they still didn't know what was going on. after the game was over i immediately ran to bokuto. "huh kurro why are you crying and why is there blood on your shirt?" bokuto asked with wide eyes. "it's hinata i found him in the bathroom we need to get to the hospital now." "woah slow down explain."-bokuto "IT DOENST MATTER WE ARE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL NOW."

time skip

we decided on not telling the rest of karasuno until we found it hinatas condition. me bokuto kenma akaashi and ukai we're sitting in the waiting room. we told the rest of my team who saw hinata to keep quiet and stay at the hotel. finally the doctor. "doctor how is he?" kenma asked calmly. "i'm so sorry he didn't make it" she answered sadly. no "he's not gone. this is just a prank. hinata it's not funny anymore come out. hinata. hinata please." kenma said his voice breaking. "THIS IS ALL MY FAULT." he screamed "no it's not kenma you couldn't have known" ukai comforted. "NO YOU DONT UNDERSTAND. HINATAS DAD WAS ABUSIVE AND HE SAID IF HE DIDNT WIN NATIONALS HE COULDNT PLAY VOLLEYBALL AGAIN." he cried out. "i should've said something. but  he begged me not to." "it's not your fault kenma"-ukai "go get some rest. i have some calls to make."

karasuno is in a team meeting.

"hey coach what's wrong?" "wheres hinata?" noya said. "i'm so sorry. kurro found hinata in the bathroom but it was too late. he killed himself" ukai said before breaking down. "no. you're lying right. right??!. please tell me you're joking" kageyama cried out. "i'm sorry. but he left you all something." -takeda said while comforting ukai.
TIME SKIP 2 MONTHS LATER

"GUYS. YALL NEED TO WATCH THIS." yachi. the whole team crowds around.
it's hinata.
hey guys it's me hinata shoyo. if you're seeing this and you don't know i killed myself 2 months ago. i set this up so it would post 2 months after my death so i guess this is kinda like my last words. also i'm sorry to everyone that knows me. i just couldn't handle it anymore. anyway. i'll be singing a song and i'd like to dedicate this to everyone that knows me but especially kageyama. i'm sorry i couldn't tell you before i went but i was in love with you. weird right. anyway. i'll start now.

Just like the snow that hasn't completely melted,
In the shade
I continue on with these feelings inside me
Please, tell me how I'm supposed to close the door on this love

Your everything has lost its tomorrow
And is now wandering around eternally
Along with me, Who was unable to say goodbye or move on

Just like, A spell that still won't break
Or some kind of curse
I'm still holding on to some heavy baggage
Hey, what kind of tomorrow Am I supposed to look for in this town?
Aaaahhh

The cold tears that fall
Freeze under the sky
They pretend to be kind
And around the time they fall down my face
Two people who were always together are torn apart
That's all there is to this story

Even if your everything loses its shape one day
You'll always be here within me
As I try to move forward again, even though I couldn't say goodbye
You'll always be here with me

(pretend that's hinata singing lol)
ok guys bye now. love you all.
crying was all you could hear. kageyama fell to the ground. "BOKE I LOVED YOU TOO" was all he could get out before he broke down.

time skip 7 years kageyama pov
the funeral was nice. all the teams he played showed up. i'll never forget hinata. he was my first love after all. i couldn't stand to play volleyball after he died so i got into music. i'm actually in a band now and my debut is soon. one of the songs in my album is actually the one hinata wrote and sung. i also wrote another song dedicated to him. it was really hard to move on at first but eventually i did. i adopted a little boy who i named shoyo. i know i'll never be able to love anyone again. no one is good enough except you.
we all miss you hinata. i promise to live my life to my best ability. and i know i'll see you again. in the next life.

(ok i rly wanted to say in another life but like i don't want it to seem like i'm taking that from that story that said that hehe also i'm sorry if this story makes no sense. i was struggling."