Chapter 6: Pale Moonlight

Okay, today is the day y/n. You can do this!

You thought as you changed into your uniform for school. You grabbed your extra bag, containing the dress and heels you were going to wear for the Host Club party. You went downstairs and grabbed your curling iron and makeup from the table. You made sure you had everything you needed and rushed to school. 

The Host Club was busy arranging things for the party. Mori and Honey-senpai were moving the cakes and desserts onto the large pink and white tables, Kyoya was writing something down in his black notebook, Tamaki was admiring himself in front of the mirror and Haruhi and the twins were setting the tables and chairs outside. Everything was placed underneath the cherry blossom trees, I set my things aside and helped put up the fairy lights onto the trees. 

"Hey y/n can you help me with this?"

Hikaru called, you looked away and mumbled a quick 'yeah' while blushing. You helped Hikaru put the decor on the tables. You couldn't help but glance at Hikaru every now and then. His hair was sightly messy but it made him look even more attractive. You let out a small sigh, by the time everyone was finished setting the decor and food, girls had already started to line up the by door. Waiting to be let in, they squealed with excitement. 

"Welcome lovely ladies to the Host Club Cherry Blossom Party."

Kyoya said, as fully opened the door and let the girls in. I walked over to Haruhi.

"You should go get ready now y/n"

"Okay, I'm really nervous Haruhi."

"Don't worry , you'll be okay. Plus Tamaki and I have you covered."

You smiled at Haruhi and grabbed your bag, going to a private room. Inside the private room there was a long white couch with a large mirror hanging on the wall. As well as a medium sized table in front of the mirror. You pulled out your dress. The dress was long and a sparkly silver, it was tight on your waist and then it slowly went down to the floor. You curled your hair and let the curls loosen a bit. You pulled a side of your hair back and then clipped it with your diamond hair clip. You decided to have a natural look for your makeup, although you did add eyeliner and a bit of silver glitter at the edge of your eyes. You put on a soft pink lipstick and quickly grabbed your heels. 

This is it.

You walked out of the room and checked the clock. 

9:45 pm

You scanned the room looking for Tamaki or Haruhi, then you felt a tap on your shoulder. You turned around and sighed in relief. Tamaki was looking at you, smiling.

"You look beautiful y/n!"

"Thank you!!"

You smiled.

"I already told Hikaru to go to the tree in the courtyard in 15 minutes. I told him I'd meet him there but I'm obviously not going too. Haruhi is making sure no one goes past the cherry blossom trees so you and Hikaru can be alone okay?"

"Got it, wow. This is really happening."

You felt yourself get a little light headed.

"Y/n you can do this, Haruhi and I are here for you. And if Hikaru doesn't feel the same way you do, its okay. You can always do better."

Tamaki gave you a soft smile. You gave him one back with a nod. 

"Now, you have 5 minutes. Hurry up and good luck!"

Tamaki said, clapping his hands together. You took a deep breath and slowly walked over to the large tree. The courtyard was surrounded by fairly lights that were on the trees, making the courtyard looking pretty. 

You found Hikaru with his back to you, hands in his pockets. 

"Hey Hikaru."

Hikaru turned around and practically did a double take. 

"Y/n?!"

"Yeah?"

"Wow, you look stunning. Your dress is so beautiful."

You felt your cheeks warm up. 

"T-thanks."

"Yeah of course, also have you seen Tamaki anywhere? He said he wanted me to meet him here but I don't know where he is."

"Oh uh I don't know. But uh,.... Hikaru...."

"Yeah?"

Hikaru look at you, he looked confused. You could feel your heart beating, and your cheeks were on fire. 

"I have something to tell you..."

"What is it?"

"I- um..."

You took a few steps towards Hikaru and looked down at the ground."

"I like you."

You whispered. 

"I like your company and I like getting to talk to you everyday. You're fun to be around and if you don't feel the same way I totally understand. I just wanted to get that off my-"

Before you could finish you felt a pair of warm lips collide with yours. Hikaru grabbed your waist and pulled you close to him. You didn't know what to do but your body seemed to be moving on its own. You moved your hands around his neck, closed your eyes and kissed him back.

That kiss seemed to like forever, but finally both you and Hikaru stopped. 

"I like you too y/n. It's seems like i've fallen for you."

Hikaru smiled. Then you felt that feeling. The feeling you always felt when you were with Hikaru.

It was.

Butterflies.

_________

The end. 

Thank you for reading this short story! Hope you enjoyed it :)

Word count: 858