C H A P T E R 6

Ceaseless Chains Copyright © 2020 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Chapter posted - August 7, 2020

Double update on CC and EB! My bday gift to y'all <3 I'm so happy you babes are enjoying this story as much as I am. Writing Oli and Tee's dynamics...as well as their later dirty, nasty chapters is just *insert fire and squirting emojis lol* Leave me a vote if you enjoyed and your thoughts <3 I love to read them. x

Playlist Song: Sabrina Claudio - Problem With You (Accoustic Video)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

C H A P T E R  6

Oliver

"You excited for tonight?" Elliott asked as he placed handfuls of glassware on the counter next to me.

We had an hour before opening and I was counting the cash in the till to ensure we had the right amount for the night.

"What for?" I replied without looking up from the bills in my hands.

"Mickey called your friend Teagan. She's coming for a trial night."

Mickey hadn't told me that so I didn't know. Or he did and I just wasn't paying attention. "Cool."

Elliott polished beer glasses with a rag. "Yeah. If she can win the crowd, the gig is hers."

Mickey walked by, his intentions to go outside for a smoke.

"Hey, Mick!" Elliott hollered. "You think this new chick can replace Ava?"

Mickey's glare could have frozen over hell. Elliott chilled beside me, and then our boss went down the stairs without a word.

Maria watched this exchange from the platform, where she adjusted a stool and a mic for Teagan's arrival. "Guys, don't bring up Ava to him. You know he's still angry about that."

"What?" Elliott scoffed beside me. "That she disappeared without saying a word? I'd be angry, too. Thought we were all friends over here."

Maria waggled her finger at him. "Behave, mi amor."

Alessandro didn't say anything, choosing to observe us with mild interest. He stayed in a pensive mood as he deposited tables and chairs around the platform where Teagan would sing.

I found it interesting that he had nothing to add – even though he was usually a reserved guy by nature. Afterall, Sandro and Ava had been close friends during her tenure as 1001 Nights headlining singer.

I wondered if he knew something the rest of us didn't.

Alessandro didn't meet my gaze.

A thought struck me, reminding me of the similarities between Ava and Inga. Both appeared saccharinely sweet on the outside. Yet when push came to shove, they suddenly vanished without a single trace.