C H A P T E R 10

Ceaseless Chains Copyright © 2020 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Chapter posted - September 4, 2020

Side note: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY QUEEN BEY <3 Officially 39 years old. It surprises me that this woman has been dominating the game for twooooo decades. Also, everyone needs to watch the masterpiece 'Black Is King'. I made my parents watch it with me and they were in awe - the music, the visual, all perfection! 

Thank you guys for over 50k reads on this story! I've also decided to leave the chapters names as is ^ to make it diff from my other stories! 

Playlist Song: SZA - Love Galore 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

C H A P T E R  10

Oliver

Cory, the third key of 1001 Nights' restaurant portion was sick and, therefore, could not make it for his lunch time shift. Jill, the assistant manager, only clocked in at 5 pm. Unfortunately, because it was Mickey's day off, this left me in charge of covering for Cory's ass and then moving towards the upstairs speakeasy portion during the evening. Instead of starting my shift later in the evening, I was forced to leave my condo shortly after breakfast for a solid twelve hour shift.

Teagan and I didn't talk when I came home last night. From my understanding, she was already fast asleep. This morning I wolfed down the pound cake she'd left in the fridge with my name on it and chased it down with black coffee. She was still sleeping when I left, so I couldn't thank her – unless I woke her up. No chance of that happening.

I figured I'd bring her back something. Inga always wanted a tub of Ben & Jerry. Maybe Teagan would want ice cream, too?

I also owed it to her because I behaved like an ass yesterday. Jared dropped a comment before he left yesterday, and it left me in a bitter mood. I know you've got history, Oli. But don't let it get between you anymore. Try playing nice. She's been through a lot.

I was sick and tired of talking about the past. I just wanted to move forward. Telling me to play nice? Fucking low blow. I was nice. Always. Outside of the bedroom, at least.

He pissed me off, especially when he hinted that he knew more about her in the last four years than I did. Which granted he did, and I was being unreasonable. So of course I took it out on her by acting cold.

I liked the no-bullshit attitude she sported when calling me out.

Hopefully, she was over it by the time I came home tonight.