Chapter 5: Stress of Assignments

Once we made it to our kitchen station. Everyone looked at the two of us since I was carrying a deceased chicken that Akinari had choked to death for me.

"Wait...There were other options besides the fish...?!"

"I saw some other animals jumping around earlier, if you guys didn't notice earlier. Surprised that no one else searched around beside Yamazaki and me," The same blond said as Yukihira came back in. He spoke to the male, wondering if he was getting cocky or not, but then he pulled out a duck that was already plucked.

"Aigamo?!" Students were now shocked to see that the blond and I held two different feathered birds that we had managed to capture instead of just fish.

"There were other things besides aigamo. There were rabbits and chicken like how Yamazaki has," he confidently said

"You know my name, but you couldn't care to tell me yours, though..." I said, looking at him

"That's right...I'm Takumi Aldini. My younger twin brother is Isami Aldini," Takumi introduced as his brother waved. I smiled at him and nodded, keeping note of the two brothers' names.

I went back to my station, where Akinari was already setting up with the fish. While Akinari was cleaning and descaling the fish, I took the time to pluck the feathers off the chicken's carcass. Taking no less than five minutes to clean off the poultry, I wiped down the sink to collect all of the feathers to toss out in the garbage and rinse the remaining residue that might've stuck onto the chicken.

Paying no attention to what other students were doing, I heavily concentrated on the chicken, chopping its head off, draining the blood, removing all of the organs and tossing them into a medium-sized bowl. After taking out the organs, I rinsed the chicken with care, ensuring no more blood remained intact with the chicken.

After cutting the chicken into bite-sized cubes, I went to the back of the room to grab dark soy sauce, mirin, sake, brown sugar, garlic cloves and fresh ginger. Next, coming back from the final trip from the pantry, I crushed up the garlic and minced the ginger for the sauce. After chopping them, I mixed in all of the liquids that I had brought over and added the sugar, garlic and ginger all into a saucepan, heating it.

When I took the sauce off the stove, I placed it onto a mat to let it cool down momentarily and turned off the heat. I poured the sauce into the bowl of chicken and mixed it all thoroughly to allow the sauce and chicken to marinate for some time but since there were only an hour and fifteen minutes left on the time, I couldn't marinate it for one hour since I still had to cook it as well so I would have to cut the time in half.

While the chicken was marinating, I turned the broiler on the oven and allowed it to preheat as the chicken was marinating. Going to the back of the room, I grabbed a baking tray and returned to the station.

"You're done already?" I asked Akinari when I noticed that he was already plating the sashimi on one half of a large plate.

"I am done, and I just need to make the sauce for it now," He said.

Since I was waiting for the chicken to marinate, I watched him make the spicy sauce for the sashimi. While I was waiting, I went around the classroom spectating some students cooking and serving Hinako their food, hoping for a pass but were met with a failing grade. When the 30 minutes had passed, I uncovered the chicken that was sitting in the sauce.

"I'll help you out," Akinari offered. Gladly accepting his offer, I smiled at him and thanked him for helping out. The two of us then started putting chicken pieces onto skewers with the occasional bumping into each other while grabbing chicken from the marinated bowl.